Quick trip report Papoose 8/2/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

getting ready to go to outer banks soon. Could use some advice on who to dive with down there. anyone NOT to dive with would be good to. I am looking for a operator will be a good guide but won't limit our dive time cause the beginers in the group are out of air.

meesier42:
getting ready to go to outer banks soon. Could use some advice on who to dive with down there. anyone NOT to dive with would be good to. I am looking for a operator will be a good guide but won't limit our dive time cause the beginers in the group are out of air.

Where on the outer banks are you headed? Dive conditions are very different in Nags Head, for example, vs Hatteras.

Dive boats here in NC typically don't have guides unless you specifically ask for and hire one. A typical charter involves a boat ride to a site and a briefing, where you are expected to plan your dive, jump in the water, conduct your dive, and find your own way back to the boat. It's not like some destinations where you follow someone around who ask about your air every so often, tell you when to head up, and so on.....

Rich

My concern about the "outer banks" is the rapidly changing conditions ... I have heard horror stories of people heading to the outer banks only to have their trip basically cancelled due to inclement weather ... is this a valid concern or not?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom