Quick poll - Yes or No

Have you ever asked to see a scuba technician's credentials?

• Yes, and they had them!

Votes: 23 17.0%
  • Yes, but they didn't have any!

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • No.

Votes: 56 41.5%
  • I've never had my gear serviced by a scuba technician (or anyone but myself).

Votes: 7 5.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop has all that stuff framed and hanging on the wall. My LDS is a family run business and the son does all the service work. Their service area is open to view from the retail area. You can watch him work on your gear and he has no problem with questions during serivce. I was signed up for a maintenance class last fall but we had to cancel. Work got in the way;-0 . Man I hate it when that happens.

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. The problem is the qualification process is a joke. Getting in the classes is the hard part if you don't own or work in a shop. Most shops have the certs hanging on the wall. We are a small shop and ran out of wall space. We have boxes full of the junk if someone wants to see more than what's on the wall (that is if I could find it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom