Quick fyi that Daniel and I both tested positive for Covid.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two more positives here. Lynn and I tested on arrival home - both of us are positive.

Lynn had what we believed was a massive allergy attack on Tuesday or Wednesday (several similar attacks during the COVID era, always negative for COVID. This was no exception - she tested negative the morning after the "allergy attack"). By Thursday evening I had a scratchy throat - which sometimes happens when I breathe dry air for 5 days while diving. So reverse engineering things - it almost certainly wasn't an allergy attack or a scratchy throat from diving.

I started masking indoors (KF94) aside from when actively eating on Thursday evening. (So if you're trying to figure out if you were near me, I was only one of 2 or 3 wearing a mask the last day.)

As it turns out, I was in Cozumel the same week as you folks. I, too, had some symptoms, and I therefore decided to test. Yes, I was positive. That is why I am still in Cozumel, sitting on my hotel balcony looking out at the ocean as I type. I will soon order lunch delivered to my room--no going to the restaurant.

As it turns out, I was in Cozumel the same week as you folks. I, too, had some symptoms, and I therefore decided to test. Yes, I was positive. That is why I am still in Cozumel, sitting on my hotel balcony looking out at the ocean as I type. I will soon order lunch delivered to my room--no going to the restaurant.
We had a family in Roatan at the resort last week. They all tested positive but this did not stop them from dining with everyone else. We found out about it two days post fact. Remarkable selfishness.

Fortunately, the food here is pretty good. Last night my wife and I dined on bacon-wrapped shrimp on our balcony while watching the sun set across the ocean while the live band played music below us. This morning I had eggs benedict on the balcony. I suppose it could have been worse.

It may be a good idea but we had zero symptoms before day 7 (we arrived a day early). So we would have tested negative.
And tests are not always accurate. Lynn (now positive) tested negative (before traveling and at her most symptomatic).

At this point with vaccines and available treatments, we are in a pretty good situation.

Tested positive after returning from overseas. Suspect i picked it up in Miami airport. Symptoms were, runny nose, sore throat, headache, and tired. Gone in 5 days.

I hope your illness is as simple as mine was. Good luck.

Husband and I were in Roatan a month ago. He got some nasty sinus symptoms halfway through the week which also moved to his chest. We both tested negative the day before departure. I started getting a head cold the day we came home and then devolved chest symptoms as well. I was sure the tests done were inaccurate and so I retested. I tested negative again but that is the worst head and chest symptoms I think I’ve ever had and it lingered on for about 3 weeks. Still not totally convinced it wasn’t Covid.

Edit: to say we are both fully vaccinated

Husband and I were in Roatan a month ago. He got some nasty sinus symptoms halfway through the week which also moved to his chest. We both tested negative the day before departure. I started getting a head cold the day we came home and then devolved chest symptoms as well. I was sure the tests done were inaccurate and so I retested. I tested negative again but that is the worst head and chest symptoms I think I’ve ever had and it lingered on for about 3 weeks. Still not totally convinced it wasn’t Covid.
If you took a rapid test it can certainly have false negatives especially while showing symptoms

Back
Top Bottom