Quick fyi that Daniel and I both tested positive for Covid.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is addressed only to those that were participants of the Scubaboard Invasion 2022 Cozumel.

If you were not a participant and you reply in this thread you will be deleted without further warning along with a thread ban.

If you were a participant and want to say something unpleasant or political, you will be deleted without further notice.

I think I had Covid last week even though I tested negative. The symptoms are different than when I had it before. I too, thought it was just congestion or a sinus infection. I asked a friend who was on the trip to go ahead and get tested and he was positive. He didn't even think he had symptoms.

If you were on this trip, please get tested.

I think this was a resort issue. I talked to someone I met with another large group that was there at the same time and six from their group have gotten it also, with light results

I think this was a resort issue. I talked to someone I met with another large group that was there at the same time and six from their group have gotten it also, with light results
I think so, too, Greg. More and more cases are coming known. I heard from one of my dive team members today who has not posted on SB since returning home and he and his wife have it. As I've reported elsewhere in another thread, I have it as well. Oddly, my wife does not.

Who knows how or where it came from? A few people enjoy the blame game but I find it counter-productive and often mean spirited.

It's my belief that the decision to require vaccinations for all invaders has kept the impact of this to a bare minimum. Please don't make this into a political discussion about the ins and outs of this, but I expect this to be a continued requirement until Covid ceases to be a worldwide issue.

Who knows how or where it came from? A few people enjoy the blame game but I find it counter-productive and often mean spirited.

It's my belief that the decision to require vaccinations for all invaders has kept the impact of this to a bare minimum. Please don't make this into a political discussion about the ins and outs of this, but I expect this to be a continued requirement until Covid ceases to be a worldwide issue.

I agree with Chairman Pete. Any guest who arrived at the resort could have already been positive, so speculation that the resort or staff is to cause for the outbreak is just silly conjecture. People who work in public facing jobs like my husband are always at risk to contract and/or spread ANY virus: NOT JUST COVID.

The latest Omicron 5/6 variants are more like the common cold in folks with a normal immune system. We have progressed past the Delta of last summer that was a much more fierce variant. We all accept these risks when we book a ticket to travel anywhere, not just internationally. Many of my friends on domestic vacations arrived home with Covid.

Dennis and Roxanne handled it wonderfully with required vaccinations and DAN insurance. Kudos to them for doing it right!

If what I posted was taken as blaming the resort, I apologize. I can see now how it can be taken that way as I worded it poorly. I was saying it was a resort wide outbreak not confined to our group. I have no idea where the outbreak started but as @Dubi said, it was a great plan to require vaccinations for this trip. My symptoms have been milder than a summer cold.

Again, sorry that my post was not clear.

Back
Top Bottom