Questions regarding Scuba Pro regulators & US Divers Conshelf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Erik22

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey guys,

I very recently saw the passing of Bryan of VDH and that really shocked me. I had received a lot of help and parts from Bryan and had been buying from him for nearly 10 years. Hell, I just got some kits from him in June.

I have several regulators that I was hoping to fix up, mostly Scuba Pro 109s paired with MK V first stages. Without VDH’s service kit’s, is there another seller/vendor who has duro poppets conversions, service kits, etc?

As for the conshelfs, does anybody still sell those kits online? Even the just the seats? I saw Silent Explorers has the kits “On Order”, but who knows what the wait time would be.

Erik

Hey guys,

I very recently saw the passing of Bryan of VDH and that really shocked me. I had received a lot of help and parts from Bryan and had been buying from him for nearly 10 years. Hell, I just got some kits from him in June.

I have several regulators that I was hoping to fix up, mostly Scuba Pro 109s paired with MK V first stages. Without VDH’s service kit’s, is there another seller/vendor who has duro poppets conversions, service kits, etc?

As for the conshelfs, does anybody still sell those kits online? Even the just the seats? I saw Silent Explorers has the kits “On Order”, but who knows what the wait time would be.

Erik
I'm not sure on the duro poppet supply, but Mares and trident both have seats that work for Conshelf 1st stages. The 109 (duro) and Conshelf 2nds both use common puck type seats (I punch my own out of sheet silicone). Most of the rest is just O-rings. You can also poke your head in at Home | Vintage Scuba Diving Community Forum ... Bunch of us there that tinker on these.

Respectfully,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for the info about Trident. I just checked the catalog and found a lot of stuff there that made me say “Hmm, I’ll take one of those!”. Looks like they still carry MK V seats.

Erik

I learned a modern G200 unbalanced second stage service kit will provide the new version of the poppet for the R109.
MK5 O-rings can be sourced. Make sure the piston shaft and HP seat orings are the right durometer (at least 90) to handle full tank pressure. The HP seat is another issue, but I have enough + and = sizes that I can make use and adjust with shims if needed. I’m not sure if MK5 factory OEM kits are still available or not?
You can get 100009 service kits for your Conshelf 1st stage at North East Scuba Supply. That’s probably the most common and produced service kit in the history of regulators.
And like James mentioned, the 2nd stage poppets can be punched out of a sheet of EPDM.

Thanks for the info about Trident. I just checked the catalog and found a lot of stuff there that made me say “Hmm, I’ll take one of those!”. Looks like they still carry MK V seats.
Coral Sea Scuba lists a lot of the Trident catalogue, you may be able to order the parts you saw?

Hey guys,

Erik
Is it still that no SP Shop in the US or Canada sells their MK5 1st stage Service Kits 10.105.045 or the HP Cone Seat 10.101.151 to customers directly?
Buddha should be able to get them, if not, I just got me quite a stock of the original SP HP Seats, so if anybody is in need, feel free to contact me.
Since I have plenty of MK5 DIN, 109s, BA and 108, I have also lots of spare parts for those.
Problem is only, I would have to ship it from Europe.......

Yes, the Cone Seats which are used also for the MK10s and the Mk5 Service Kits.
I was sure they are also in the US and Canada for sale.
I never bought a Mk5 Service Kit, because I don't work with Service Kits, but probably on Monday I will get me one to check what is in it, because it is relatively expensive ( more expensive than the MK10 or MK10 Plus Service Kits).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom