Question Argonaut Kraken secondary leak adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where can I find the weight rings for the double hose?
What typ of rings I can use.
Go on the ‘web’ and look up The Scuba Museum. I have seen them there in black ( what I have on mine ) stainlesss steel or chromed, perhaps in other colors. …reduces jaw fatigue…If you don’t see them, inquire. Rob will get back to you as soon as he can.

HJW,

Earlier you asked why you cannot use your high pressure gauge for the intermediate pressure setting. Well, it’s because the readings in the intermediate pressure range are not precise enough on the HP gauge. The gauge used for the intermediate pressure reading are on a dial that reads about 0-250 psi. The gauge used for reading tank pressure, the submersible pressure gauge (SPG) has a scale of 0-3500 or so. To get a reading of 130 psig (pounds per square inch, gauge), it reads into the black line showing 100 psig. So it is not possible, on that scale, to precisely read the interstage pressure.

SeaRat
Buy an intermediate range gauge, but it is designed to be used on your bench when servicing your reg. You can get from specialty suppliers. I got mine from DGX ( Dive Gear Express) it plugs into the powerinflator hose recepticle. No need to thread into LP port for analysis.

BTW. Rings are only recommended for the Kraken Argonaut w/original hoses. Many other DHRs really don’t need em’. Sometimes changing out your hoses ( most likely to neoprene correct wt. and durability ) …you may not need rings..

I believe the Kraken shipped with a larger diameter hose than most other DH regulators. I no longer have a Kraken, but the replacement silicone hose on my AquaMaster / Phoenix has an overall OD of ~ 37.5mm.

The rings Brian sold for the Kraken were 38mm inside diameter, 6.1mm thick, and weighed 31 gm.
The rings Brian sold for standard hoses were 32mm ID, 4.7mm thick, and weighed 14.5 gm.
I don't know what these rings are made of, but they are both coated with epoxy or paint.

I bought some rings off of ebay speced at 33mm ID, 5mm thick, and weighing 18.6 gm @ $2.00 each.
These are uncoated stainless. These fit a little looser on the hose, but retain good positioning between corrugations.

I believe Neoprene hoses are heavier than silicone and might not require additional weights. I have also noticed Brian's DSV is pretty buoyant.

I believe the Kraken shipped with a larger diameter hose than most other DH regulators. I no longer have a Kraken, but the replacement silicone hose on my AquaMaster / Phoenix has an overall OD of ~ 37.5mm.

The rings Brian sold for the Kraken were 38mm inside diameter, 6.1mm thick, and weighed 31 gm.
The rings Brian sold for standard hoses were 32mm ID, 4.7mm thick, and weighed 14.5 gm.
I don't know what these rings are made of, but they are both coated with epoxy or paint.

I bought some rings off of ebay speced at 33mm ID, 5mm thick, and weighing 18.6 gm @ $2.00 each.
These are uncoated stainless. These fit a little looser on the hose, but retain good positioning between corrugations.

I believe Neoprene hoses are heavier than silicone and might not require additional weights. I have also noticed Brian's DSV is pretty buoyant.
Hey Thanks ‘scrane’. I appreciate the input regarding these. My Kraken came with the rings. Previous owner say they helped him a lot. (…actually 1st time I have seen wt rings on any DHR hoses..)….i got some info from Rob & ‘simonbeans’ awhile back. This helps me out a great deal. 🙂. My other DHRs seem to do well w/o them but they are the heavier Neoprene or correct wt. Silicone.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpeg
    IMG_1197.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 13
On my last couple of dives with the DH I noticed the hoses bouncing around my ears. It was a little annoying, so I ordered some additional rings from ebay to see what I could do.
I was tempted to start a thread concerning hose weights and placement. These things seem to be of interest to rebreather people ( who somehow remind me of the Creature from the Black Lagoon ), too. But I figured it was a little obscure and packed with variables.
I'm going to Cozumel in a couple of weeks, so I should have plenty of time to experiment. Adding /removing /shifting rings is pretty easy to do.

Attachments

• IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 14
On my last couple of dives with the DH I noticed the hoses bouncing around my ears. It was a little annoying, so I ordered some additional rings from ebay to see what I could do.
I was tempted to start a thread concerning hose weights and placement. These things seem to be of interest to rebreather people ( who somehow remind me of the Creature from the Black Lagoon ), too. But I figured it was a little obscure and packed with variables.
I'm going to Cozumel in a couple of weeks, so I should have plenty of time to experiment. Adding /removing /shifting rings is pretty easy to do.
…Please let me know what you experience/observe from your trials when you return. I am most interested….

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom