Question Argonaut Kraken secondary leak adjustment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

….interesting, fellow DHR divers, of the collection of DVRs I have and have been in the water with, I have my faves. The 50 Fathom I bought from Rob at TSM, as well as the Dual-Air by Sportsways. The Kraken is DEFINITELY in this category. I have others but my longtime favorites are the DA Aquamaster and my RAM that I have used since ‘83. They ALL have their unique features. I just suggest ‘diving each of them’ to see how they react for you….Many times the ‘simplest’ regulator works the best. Check out Robs pics. He almost always is diving his 50 Fathom as well…😎🤿….

….interesting, fellow DHR divers, of the collection of DVRs I have and have been in the water with, I have my faves. The 50 Fathom I bought from Rob at TSM, as well as the Dual-Air by Sportsways. The Kraken is DEFINITELY in this category. I have others but my longtime favorites are the DA Aquamaster and my RAM that I have used since ‘83. They ALL have their unique features. I just suggest ‘diving each of them’ to see how they react for you….Many times the ‘simplest’ regulator works the best. Check out Robs pics. He almost always is diving his 50 Fathom as well…😎🤿….
My personal favorite is one of my Snark 3's. This particular one is one of the easiest breathing regs I've ever used. Better than an Aqualung Legend

Very very sad to hear that! This explains why he doesn't reply to my mail anymore.

Where can I find the weight rings for the double hose?
Start with Rob at The Scuba Museum. He might have an idea. He and dome others are taking up the void left with Bryan's passing.

@1969ivan1

HJW,

Earlier you asked why you cannot use your high pressure gauge for the intermediate pressure setting. Well, it’s because the readings in the intermediate pressure range are not precise enough on the HP gauge. The gauge used for the intermediate pressure reading are on a dial that reads about 0-250 psi. The gauge used for reading tank pressure, the submersible pressure gauge (SPG) has a scale of 0-3500 or so. To get a reading of 130 psig (pounds per square inch, gauge), it reads into the black line showing 100 psig. So it is not possible, on that scale, to precisely read the interstage pressure.

SeaRat

Where can I find the weight rings for the double hose?
What typ of rings I can use.
Why do you want weight rings for the double hose regulator? They are simply not needed. I have never used weight rings, and have been diving double hose regulators since 1959. The trick is to have the hose/mouthpiece system precisely oriented directly at the diver’s mouth when at rest underwater. To do this, place the regulator down on a floor or a table, and orient the mouthpiece so that it is pointed directly back at the regulator. One other way is to place the regulator vertical, and place the mouthpiece on your finger. It should be completely horizontal about 4 inches (10 cm) above the regulator. The mouthpiece should balance on the tip of your finger, horizontally. With the hose system balanced, there is no need to weight the hoses, as their buoyancy will be offset by the weight of the mouthpiece, and it can be held without fatigue in the mouth.

SeaRat

HJW,

Let me illustrate what a properly balanced double hose/mouthpiece looks like. In this 2016 video, I’m using my U.S. Divers Company DW Mistral single stage regulator, in high current. I had no problem holding the mouthpiece in my mouth, without any strain, because it was correctly balanced. As you can see, the current did not significantly affect it. (I have had a problem with a straight, reproduction mouthpiece made of more flexible silicone which in the current tended to bend and try to get out of my mouth though.). Yes, there is pressure by the current, but it doesn’t cause mouth fatigue. Take a look:

SeaRat

Very very sad to hear that! This explains why he doesn't reply to my mail anymore.
Try Rob at The Scuba Museum, perhaps AandD Adventures…there are others taking up for Bryan’s loss. Luis H is an excelllent resource.

Back
Top Bottom