Questions/help about broken reg bought from overseas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thankyou to everyone for your replies. When I walked out of that LDS I became under the impression that the normal rules for goods/repair somehow did not apply to diving gear, but this thread has corrected that brief lapse of judgment. The LDS, to be fair, has offered me a free loan reg while they cool down and figure out whether they want to repair it or not. And if not thats fine - I'll look at other local options and oceanic direct (again, thanks to those who posted info on this) before expanding my search to interstate/international level. Whether they repair or not they've lost loyalty. I had purchased 2 air tanks and other pieces of equipment from them in previous weeks - but they wont be my or any of my buddies go-to shop anymore. It just goes to show in a retail shop how important attitude is. If they'd said 'ooh gee, thats a toughie, but we'll do our best' and then not been able to help me out then id still be thankful to them and repeat business would have been a certainty.

@tfsails: good spot. they do look like 90% of the parts are identical to a lot of the hollis regs. im positive the venturi switch is the exact same piece of plastic. this shop even sells the DC1 so lets hope they can figure out this 'mystery'.

@jb: thanks for drawing my attention to the Dive Tub. The prices there are most definitely very reasonable compared to other Australian offerings. I'll be keeping this in mind for future purchases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom