Question with mares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macuchin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hello very good day, I got a regulator recently seas, but user reviews know this brand since I originally used a sherwood brut but just replace the first estapa by sherwood magnum, the team in question is the first step seas DFC second stage Mares MR12 Proton Metal octopus Mares MV and (viper), thank you very much for your valuable advice and support and greetings happy bubbles.

I guess the post is really a result of online translation. I have no clue what the question was.
To the OP if you are using the online translator try to use simple phrases

Hello , I have a question for a regulator, the equipment in question is the first stage Mares MR12 DFC second stage Mares Proton Metal, and octopus Mares MV (viper), the question is: this equipment is very good, good or more less, in Mexico this equipment it's not than common. thank you very much for your valuable advice and support and greetings happy bubbles.

The MR-12 first stage is one of the oldest design (model) being sold today and there is a reason- it is a very good design. The Proton is good but not as good as the older MR-12 second stages and the Viper is less good but good enough as an octo. They will work well if taken proper care of. Hope this translates well. :)

The MR-12 first stage is one of the oldest design (model) being sold today and there is a reason- it is a very good design. The Proton is good but not as good as the older MR-12 second stages and the Viper is less good but good enough as an octo. They will work well if taken proper care of. Hope this translates well. :)

Herman thank you very much, my question is whether this reg is better than my current reg, sherwood magnum a SRB5300, I read good things about this reg (Mares) but do not know anyone who has one, in my case I really relaxed and maximum dive of 100ft, this basically is a second regulator, but occasionally I would use my wife, this is my doubt if this equipment has good quality in this configuration or do you recommend better sell it and buy another, thank you very much and greetings.

I would rate them about even. I prefer diaphgram first stages but that is mostly personal choice. The second stages are about the same as well. The only reason the sell it and buy a different reg is if you have difficulty finding someone to repair and service it.

I would rate them about even. I prefer diaphgram first stages but that is mostly personal choice. The second stages are about the same as well. The only reason the sell it and buy a different reg is if you have difficulty finding someone to repair and service it.

Thanks Herman, the service is not a problem,in México City exist 2 service MaresLab center, thanks for your help and your patience, regards and good weekend.

Regards

I used to own a Mares MR12 Axis with DFC. The second stage had a design defect that would cause a very small hiss. I believe there was a replacement part but I never bothered to replace it. I just tuned the second stage down a bit. All in all it's a very decent, good enough regulator that I dove with for 6 years and then gave away.

I don't care for some of their BCD offering though. The hub was a stupid design. I really like the simplicity of a backplate and wing BP/W.

If someone could (manually) translate that to Spanish, I'd appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom