Question regarding lifespan of neoprene top

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a neoprene top, something like this: 1.5mm Hyperflex 50/50 Poly Fleece & Neoprene Long Sleeve Top: Wetsuit Wearhouse with just the neoprene body.

I plan to use this while swimming on cold days and while kayaking in cooler weather or tubing.. Just general stuff like that.

I don't know much about neoprene or the life span of it except for what I have read on the forums.

Basically, my question is how long would a shirt something like that last doing the things I listed above.

Thanks,

Faded-Maximus

Neoprene generally has an expected useful lifespan of between five and seven years.

Does that include compression from "regular" usage? I've heard that a lot of neoprene wetsuits generally have a useful life of roughly 50-100 dives before an appreciable number of air cells break and the material becomes stiff and non-stretchy.

Back
Top Bottom