Question re: packing for travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Souvy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I had a quick question about packing up the bp/w for a flight. Any recommendations on the best way to pack the wing (Torus 26)? It looks like I'll be able to carry on all my gear (which wasn't possible with my previous BC). I was going to wrap my 3mm around it and fold it, would rolling it be a better idea? Also, should I leave just a tiny bit of air in it or try to get as much out as possible? Sorry if this is a silly question, it's my first time traveling with the set up. Thanks a lot in advance, cheers.

I have a small suitcase that meets the carry on rules and my bp&w fits right in it. I carry the sucker on with me. Also in that case is my cameras and my regs are in a back pack. I only put my pony, suits and fins in the check in suit case.

I had a quick question about packing up the bp/w for a flight. Any recommendations on the best way to pack the wing (Torus 26)? It looks like I'll be able to carry on all my gear (which wasn't possible with my previous BC). I was going to wrap my 3mm around it and fold it, would rolling it be a better idea? Also, should I leave just a tiny bit of air in it or try to get as much out as possible? Sorry if this is a silly question, it's my first time traveling with the set up. Thanks a lot in advance, cheers.

It sounds like you have a reasonable plan. The key is to separate the wing from the plate, and anything else heavy / hard edged that can impact it.

I usually lay the corrugated hose down the center of the wing in the divers side, and roll the wing along the long axis. Using your wetsuit for padding is good idea.

Enjoy your trip.

Tobin

Great, thanks so much for the advice. I can't believe how much less room the DSS rig takes in a bag, is there anything it can't do? Yet another reason I'm really glad for the purchase (had a fantastic time on my first dives with it this weekend). Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom