Question on HOG/EDGE and Zeagle regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double hoses have a lot of issues with technical diving standards. It's not that the regulator can't handle it, it's just that you can't use it in sidemount, and it poses a lot of potential issues for standard doubles diving, though I did see that they have DIN connections on it now. For single tank use it's fine and I think it is a brilliant piece of kit.

---------- Post added April 21st, 2015 at 10:39 PM ----------

double hoses have a lot of issues with technical diving standards. It's not that the regulator can't handle it, it's just that you can't use it in sidemount, and it poses a lot of potential issues for standard doubles diving, though I did see that they have DIN connections on it now. For single tank use it's fine and I think it is a brilliant piece of kit.

then this should be your selection: Shop Online

(BTW - I use a HOG Zenith as an octo for it)

3 LP ports? So, no use with a drysuit?

1 HP port? So, no wireless AI with backup SPG?

I guess you could buy LP or HP port splitters to accommodate either of those use cases.

there are three LP ports.... octo, wing, DS... what else do you need?

yes, HP splitter if you are so inclined (or a banjo in the yoke).....

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2015 at 01:35 PM ----------

it's just that you can't use it in sidemount,

did the OP even mention sidemount?

did the op even mention "technical"?

:D

Ah. My bad. I infer now that the primary does not use one of the 3 LP ports. Sorry.

1 HP port? So, no wireless AI with backup SPG?

I'm guessing the market segment of people who want to dive a vintage reg that can accommodate wireless AI is pretty small.

I'm guessing the market segment of people who want to dive a vintage reg that can accommodate wireless AI is pretty small.

The Kraken is not a vintage regulator. It is an all new design. However, I agree that vintage divers that complain about needing a SPG could care less about a wireless computer.

I see the bubbles going nicely behind when you exhale. BTW, what video setup did you use?

Intova Sport HD II with Archon D11vs and a homemade diy macro lense :)

attachment.php

yes, HP splitter if you are so inclined (or a banjo in the yoke).....

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2015 at 01:35 PM ----------

did the OP even mention sidemount?

did the op even mention "technical"?

:D

the OP didn't, but you did. I mentioned recreational limits because if I'm doing multi gas dive profiles or I'm out of what I consider recreational limits, i.e. where you need redundancy, a double hose doesn't necessarily make the most sense. You can use them on fully dependent doubles with the center outlet adapters, or you can obviously dive a pony bottle, but I wouldn't take either of those outside of recreational limits. The doubles there is just a gas extender and the pony bottle isn't the best solution

Quite a few Argonaut Kraken divers use an air integrated sending unit. I carry a specific HP swivel just for that purpose. It's a 21st century regulator ready for almost anything!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom