Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't bear to start a new thread on this subject.

Can someone explain the vast difference in price between the two models available on the She-P website?

Does price represent the better choice? why?

I can't bear to start a new thread on this subject.

Can someone explain the vast difference in price between the two models available on the She-P website?

Does price represent the better choice? why?

Kit #1 is the 'ready to pee accessory kit + she-p'

Kit #2 is Kit #1 PLUS the P-Valve that connects you to the outside :)

the device itself is identical :)

wow. I have a question and it is rather embarrasing to ask...

I have been toying around with the idea of investing in a she-p for sometime now. Normally, I strip out of my drysuit between shore dives for comfort (it has been really hot here this summer).

I can't tell explicitly from the conversation, but if you are wearing a p-valve, do you stay all day in your drysuit with the valve connected? Does disassembling the valve from your DS put you at risk for greater leakage throughout the day?

And, for heaven's sake, how uncomfortable is this thing to wear all day?

It's no big deal to disconnect it if you have a quick disconnect. Not sure what it would be like without this but I imagine it would be annoying. My she-p is not noticeable in even fairly tight jeans also. I doubt it would affect it leak wise.

In general, it is not uncomfortable to wear in my experience though I have had some pinching if I have stuck it on at a funny angle or something and that is not so comfortable...

i use huggies with the edges folded back & the middle right over the she-p. they have those gel beads & won't leak if squeezed.

Just got back from diving Quadra Island up in BC. First attempt with she-p was a botch job, as in pee everywhere. Second one I forgot to link the hoses topside. Luckily I remembered that at depth! Third time I did not, could not, would not pee. Fourth try was a total success.

I put the blue weenie in place, put a poise pad over the top of that to catch any leaks, then put thongs and butt shapers over the top of the poise pad. Drank gobs of water and tea. At depth I was sure the device did not work - I still am not comfortable with that little reservoir - it always feels like I have wet myself. But once topside, I checked and nothing was wet....not a thing. Dry panties, dry thongs. I hope I am on to something!

Chaela
ScubaGadget – The Deep Background on Scuba

I also use two layers of glue on the she-p, one on myself, tape in the front, Poise pads, thongs, and boyshorts, and now I'll have minimal leaks after a long day on the boat. Man, I hope to simplify the process... although the she-p accessory bag keeps it all pretty tidy! :)
I often find myself holding the she-p in place, though, and I find that I am more likely to leak if I am underwater (it leaks out the front and I think I can press the She-P better if I am standing on the boat).

I am pretty susceptible to UTIs when in a consistently moist environment (think non-breathing motorcycle pants in the middle of summer in Mexico). I down some cranberry juice or extract in the morning on multiple day dive trips to ward it off.

I also find that if I try going lots throughout the day (you'll be surprised at how many times you can 'go' when you relax), it gives me some more peace of mind instead of being paranoid about having a blowout.

I've never tried the Poise pad under the thongs, their purpose is to press the sealing surface on skin, kinda figure they have so little fabric to get wet anyway, but good to know!

Actually the thongs and the butt shapers did their job nicely, even though I put the poise pad on first. The pad isn't that bulky. And really, I was DETERMINED to have a success with this device. I am still managing to keep my good humor about using the She-P but.....

Chaela
ScubaGadget – The Deep Background on Scuba

Did two shore dives yesterday and it worked flawlessly! Finally starting to get the hang of this thing and having some success :D

Thanks to everyone who posted tips and tricks. And for those pesky little leaks, I'll be covered :wink:

Tired mine for the first time yesterday,.... failure, but I did learn a lot from it. I used one of the poise pads which soaked up most everything, so it wasn't a disaster,... more of an inconvenience. I seams the front end came loose on mine. Will certainly try again soon (I can't dive for the next couple of week because of work schedule), but will give it another go round before I go back down to FL to finish up my cave course next month.

good! yay nicole & tammy!

Back
Top Bottom