Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have evolved from big Depend diaper to big Poise pad to slightly smaller Poise pad, but I'm afraid to go any smaller! The pad is actually convenient when removing the She-P when I'm away from home. I take off the pad and put it on the floor. Then I take off the She-P, dump out the reservoir, and put it upside down on the pad to catch any liquid that might come out. After that I use a disposable hand wipe to wipe off the device, and I put the wipe inside the reservoir to keep any remaining liquid from draining out. I put another hand wipe over the whole thing, sandwich it between paper towels, and put it all in zip lock bag.

I haven't had a blow out in a while, not since I switched from the adhesive spray to Urobond. What a difference the Urobond makes!

Hi Ladies,

This past week I had my first experience with a drysuit, and I figured, lets start off right, from dive one, do it with the she P. I did 7 dives over 3 days. Installed the she P in the morning at the hotel, and left it in all day. By the end of each day, I did have some leakage in the Depends, but I consider it an overall success because my undergarments were dry. I amazed myself!

Here is my question. On at least one of the days, at one point in time towards the end of the day, I felt alot of back pressure, as if the P valve wasn't open, but it was. The force I put on it caused it to unstick, and empty out into the Depends. Is is possible that suit squeeze could compress the She P's tube, to the point of blocking it?

Thanks,

Linda

Depending on how you route the tubing, it can kink. I also had an experience today where I was sure the valve was open all the way, and it wasn't. It's always worth checking, if you are noting signs of increased back pressure.

I can say the She-P is doing fine. . . . I'm being stupid . . .

I had to share this giggles with the sisterhood...[video=youtube;Ae8zfY-FQOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae8zfY-FQOQ[/video]

How do you configure your She-p?

For about 8 months I had mine set up like the photo below, and it worked great. [Blue she-p to white quick disconnect to hose extension to black fitting to drysuit hose]

She-p configuration.jpg

At the end of the diving day I get out of my drysuit, put my little orange cap on the white quick disconnect, and I can wear my she-p home.

She-p orange cap.jpg

All was going well, until I had a couple of catastrophic failures when the white quick disconnect slipped out of the blue she-p while diving. I think that a pressure build up from a slightly kinked hose caused the blow outs, but on inspection, the blue she-p hose was indeed getting loose on the white quick disconnect fitting. Cable tie to the rescue! Diving continued successfully for another couple of months. Until this happened...

She-p break.jpg

I have cut the she-p at the breakage, so I still have a usable unit. But if I go back to configuring as I did above, then eventually I would foresee history repeating itself. So is there an alternative way to configure the componentry, to avoid this? I have seen other women configure their setup as below. [Blue she-p to black fitting to hose extension to white quick disconnect to drysuit hose]

She-p configuration alternative.jpg

But I'm left wondering... if you do it this way, how do you cap the she-p to prevent remnant pee escaping if you like to wear your she-p home before removing? In this set up the little orange cap now goes on the drysuit end, not the she-p end. Or can you just reverse the white quick disconnect?

Is there a "right" or "best" way to configure? All comments welcome! :)

I put a barbed fitting and extension on the she-p because it was too short . . . [OMG, I sound like a guy!!!!]

It was difficult to 'plug in'. However, the extension fitting cut the she-p in a kink. Like you, I had to cut it off.

I'm thinking that some heat-shrink tube over the fitting area would give some added support.

I tried Goo Gone this week, and I wasn't impressed. I don't think it's as good as the Remove solvent, but on the other hand, it's more available and somewhat cheaper.

Don't these solvents play havoc with mucous membranes????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom