question for da Maui guys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it's in decent shape -- it's been a while since I've been on it (like 2 years), but I don't think it's been driven any harder than other boats here... it's just set up to be faster, I guess.

I do recall that the way the gear racks were configured made getting geared up kind of crowded, and when you get back on the boat, there's a couple steps up (and down) over the engine cover that were annoying.

On the plus side, it's got a warm freshwater shower!

I think that boat's been for sale for a long time. I dove off it (and it's twin) many times, many years ago, back when it had a TV on board. As far as I know I agree with Sean, it's been revved up close to the red line most of the time it's been out at sea.

Oooh! Now there's a strong selling point...someone brought up the warm freshwater showers...I've heard about the showers on Scuba Shack's boat many times. The one cool thing is that females always seemed to get extra special attention in the warm freshwater shower when the owner was on board. I've heard it over and over again. Are you williing to keep up the tradition if you become the new owner? It could almost be considered a mandatory duty.

I have a question too. If you do buy the boat Scotty, does it come with the best dive crew in the whole wide world or are you on your own? That could make it or break it for me depending on the price...

I agree with Sean, it's been revved up close to the red line most of the time it's been out at sea.

...someone brought up the warm freshwater showers...I've heard about the showers on Scuba Shack's boat many times. The one cool thing is that females always seemed to get extra special attention in the warm freshwater shower when the owner was on board. I've heard it over and over again. Are you williing to keep up the tradition if you become the new owner? It could almost be considered a mandatory duty.

LOL. I haven't heard ALL the stories... Maybe the boat speed improves the chances post dive? Back in SoCal some boats have jaccuzis...and bunks... he's be going nuts with that!

Sean

Back
Top Bottom