Question For Azimuth Rebreather Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ex Con

Reaction score
I just purchased the Azimuth and I am concerned about the Mares Rear Inflation BC that comes with the unit. I am a sport diver and dive carribbean only. Will I adjust to this BC or will it be more of a hinderence? This jacket seems so big and cumbersome (100 lbs lift) for the carribbean. I know that several people have modified the Azimuth and installed their own BC but the unit was designed with the Mares jacket and before I start butchering this fine piece of equipment I figured I would ask for some opinions. It appears the jacket will not respond very quickly and will not allow me to feel comfortable or let me move quickly underwater in order to get good photographs. Is this the case or do I simply need to learn how to dive this type of jacket? The jacket looks perfect for wreck and cave diving but i am not so sure about sport photography diving.

Back
Top Bottom