Question for ATX 50 sellers or owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, you can tell by teh wisdom of these last couple of posts that it must be time to drop this thread. :)

:D

I'm wise beyond my years....... LOL going backwards

TheDivingPreacher:
I haven't used the octo for any extended period, or done a specific test. I will on Thursday when I get out. Going to a quarry about 2 hours away that is supposed to have visibility around 15-20 feet and some large fish. At the shop today I rigged it with the 7' primary and short secondary. Looking forward to trying that out as well.

Does you r reg pass the basic "suck test"?

On dry land with air turned off, suck hard see if any air gets in. If it does then it's likey you have a diaphram and/or mouth piece leak.

I know ChrisA knows this, but just to be clear -- the 1st stage should be hooked up to a tank and the air turned off (so its sealed). One some regs you can suck air in through the DIN or Yoke fitting from a 2nd stage.

ChrisA:
Does you r reg pass the basic "suck test"?

On dry land with air turned off, suck hard see if any air gets in. If it does then it's likey you have a diaphram and/or mouth piece leak.

........you gotta be a pretty good sucker to do that though..........

JJ1:
........you gotta be a pretty good sucker to do that though..........

Well, I can do it.

... I'm not sure I want to be saying this out loud though :wink:

Hey uh Jonnythan, perhaps I could interest you in a little "cash deal" on the side? :eyebrow:

I found that I can easily suck air through an ATX50 if it's not connected to a tank...

TheDivingPreacher:
I have an Oceanic Data 100. Simple but effective. I tried the regulator out after getting it back from being checked out. 90% of the time it is dry and fine. I am not talking about a lot of water here, but rather an occasional "taste". Yesterday I tried it completly inverted and no leak, then once I was turning my head quickly while inhaling and got about a teaspoon of water. The shop that worked on it told me even if I send it to Apex that they won't do anything with it but check it and send it back.

The octopus was also dry and without problems.
Jeff

I dive with an ATX200 and occassionally experience alittle leaking when I turn my head but I found this to be from the hose tugging the 2nd stage out of my mouth a little bit. I found that I can pretty much eliminate thsi problem by mounting the tank a couple of inches higher in my bc. That gives me abit more length on the hose so it doesn't pull.

I found that I can easily suck air through an ATX50 if it's not connected to a tank...[/QUOTE]

You are correct, I can easily draw air through the first stage when it is not connected. How do I know it is the first stage and not the mouthpiece? Duh, I put my finger over the wittle hole. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom