Question for ATX 50 sellers or owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't used the octo for any extended period, or done a specific test. I will on Thursday when I get out. Going to a quarry about 2 hours away that is supposed to have visibility around 15-20 feet and some large fish. At the shop today I rigged it with the 7' primary and short secondary. Looking forward to trying that out as well.

TheDivingPreacher:
I haven't used the octo for any extended period, or done a specific test. I will on Thursday when I get out. Going to a quarry about 2 hours away that is supposed to have visibility around 15-20 feet and some large fish. At the shop today I rigged it with the 7' primary and short secondary. Looking forward to trying that out as well.

That would be a good idea to try the octo see what it does. I assume it is the 20?

Get it checked out. Even if it's something simple, the worst that can happen is that it gets fixed. I've had mine for almost two years and have never had a problem with it.

So, what would have happened if at 110 feet your buddy went OOA and you needed to share your remaining 500 psi to the surface?

Oh yeah, my TX40's leak a tiny bit of water in weird positions. I try to avoid weird positions, and the water doesn't bother me :wink:

dont; know where the runing out of air came from but 20 or 40 doesn't make a difference. See if it does the same thing as your primary...

I suppose we would have had a problem wouldn't we. Fortunately we dive together often and his usage is better than mine. Of course this does not leave room for catastrophic failure. I appreciate the correction and instruction. I have a lot to learn.
Jeff

After read your post, I tried mine all the position. It was very dry, no leak. About 100 ft 500psi part, I didin't want to try. Maybe next time with a bigger tank or a buddy. what computer do you use?

I have an Oceanic Data 100. Simple but effective. I tried the regulator out after getting it back from being checked out. 90% of the time it is dry and fine. I am not talking about a lot of water here, but rather an occasional "taste". Yesterday I tried it completly inverted and no leak, then once I was turning my head quickly while inhaling and got about a teaspoon of water. The shop that worked on it told me even if I send it to Apex that they won't do anything with it but check it and send it back.

The octopus was also dry and without problems.
Jeff

Well, I am no master regulator mechanic but to me it sounds like a leak around the mouthpiece and the lips. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom