Question: diving in Varadero, Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If yes you can walk over to Sandals and get two dives for 70 or 75 CUC. We met a German couple who did that. First day they did the two dives (deep at 9am and shallow at 10:30) but a tip would be to do two days of deep diving. The shallow dive sucks plus you have to walk/swim out to the boat so having to come ashore to change tanks is tiring. Best to do two days one dive/day. That's what the German couple did for their next two dives.

Betty

I believe Sandals is next door to Iberostar Varadero not the Laguna Azul. Based on a satellite photo, Sandals is quite aways from ILA.

OK wasn't sure about the Ibostar hotel. Just knew Sandals where the diving is free!!!!!!!!!

Betty

P.S. Hubby got his ACUC C-Card in the mail yesterday. Only 3 wks + 2 days all the way from Madrid, Spain. Yahoo! It's official so now we can go ahead and book our February trip to Roatan.

OK wasn't sure about the Ibostar hotel. Just knew Sandals where the diving is free!!!!!!!!!

Betty

P.S. Hubby got his ACUC C-Card in the mail yesterday. Only 3 wks + 2 days all the way from Madrid, Spain. Yahoo! It's official so now we can go ahead and book our February trip to Roatan.

Congratulations on your hubby's getting his C-Card! On diving free with Sandals, I wouldn't exactly say its free. The cost is already built-into the package and you have already paid for it. Thus, the reason why Sandals AI packages costs a little bit more compared to other AI resorts :D

True but we got lots of free lobster at Sandals whereas the couple at Ibostar had to pay 25CUC for one. :D (Hubby had 4 tails at the Tuesday Night Seafood Gala)

12 possible free dives versus paying 70 CUC for 2 ... that's an extra $420. Don't believe Sandals cost that much more than Ibostar.

You get what you pay for.

Betty

Just booked Fantasy Island in Roatan for February 14-21 and hubby is going for his AOW. Wow is he hooked! :banana:

Good for you! Wow, Roatan! I am filled with envy.

You guys who live in the center of the "Canadian universe" are lucky. You get a lot of choices for flights to a lot of Caribbean destinations. Us on the west coast don't have too many choices. If we want to fly to the Bahamas, Belize, Caymans, etc., we have to change planes once or twice. And, most of the time, need to spend a night in, for example Toronto, to catch a connecting flight. :(

Funny Joe cool. Toronto as the "Canadian universe"

Yes I guess we have more choice which is nice. Plus we're only about 30-40 minute drive to the airport (we're on opposite side of the city) so it's very convenient. Probably less time for our Roatan trip as the flight leaves at 6:20am. I bet no one is on the roads at 3-4am.

Your signature says "WOW Phillipines". I may need some info from you as we plan to take a 5-day dive trip when in Hong Kong for 3 weeks in January 2012. I keep looking at that forum too trying to educate myself so when the LDS in HK offers something I'll know which areas (Anilio or PG) and hotels are better than the others.

Thanks
Betty

My wife & I are off to the Sandals Varadero resort this Saturday( Nov. 6th). We are looking for sun and Diving. So if I read your comments correctly the dive operation at the resort is pretty good? But the diving is mediocre? We are relatively new to diving (25 dives or so) and were a bit concerned with some of the post’s? Any Tips?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom