Question and Answer (a game)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
benncool:
What are the four US States that start with the word "New"?

New York
New Jersey
New Mexico
New Hampshire

and

New England (oh wait... that's not a state!!!)

what was the first non-colony state admitted to the Union?

Vermont! Although it's territory was originally claimed by NY. So for the first State whose territory wasn't a part of a colony, that would be Ohio.

How many US States have you visited? My best friend and I use the following standard: 1) airport layovers do not count if you do not leave the airport. 2) You must have transacted commerce and preferably also engaged in a biological function (eating, sleeping, bathroom, etc). So, stopping to get gas and hitting the head works. Paying a toll and getting freaky in the car is questionable, but unlike the Korean gymnast, you'll get the full difficulty points. :eyebrow: I've been to 49, just need Hawaii.

I only have 11:
NJ
VA
NC
SC
GA
FL
LA
IL
OH
TX
CA
and coming soon....ND!!!

Paul

let me get a map!!

lets start with MD
PA, VA, NJ, NY, DE, WV, NC, SC, CT, GA, FL, OH, KY, IL, MI, WI, MO, KS, TX, NM, CO, WY, UT, CA, OR, WA.

Provinces, if you will?
BC, YT, QC, NS, OT, NB

most of these cruises, family trips, soccer tourneys. most flying.

the same thing but international.

Provinces... I got ON, BC, QC, YT, NWT, AB for 6.

International... short list.

Germany, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Canada, Mexico.

Continents? Any All 7 folks out there?

Kamala:
Vermont! Although it's territory was originally claimed by NY. So for the first State whose territory wasn't a part of a colony, that would be Ohio.

Vermont was a Republic when it decided to join the United States. That was in 1791. Before that, the real estate between New York and New Hampshire was kind of a no mans land. Governor Benning Wentworth of New Hampshire decided to claim it for New Hampshire and stated to give it away to his friends for homesteads. These were called the New Hampshire grants.

New York thought that these folks arriving from New Hampshire were taking land that was in New York and they wanted to tax them. Of course these people where already paying Wentworth his taxes. So Ethan Allen, a fameous Col. from the French and Indian War was hired to protect the border between New York and the "Grants". Allen organized the Green Mountain Boys at this time. King George finally settled the dispute and kind of started people thinking that these grants had there own idenity.

(sorry, besides scuba another hobby of mine is American History)

I counted up 29 States that I have been to. So that leaves me 21 to do when I retire. The ones I missed are in the mid and north west.

So far I have only done 2 Canadian Provinces. I don't feel bad about that either. I figure if they wanted me to visit these provinces individually they would have put a bunch of little maple leaves on thier flag instead of one big one. :D

There are 14 of them correct???

Looks like everyone is still stumped with my question...wooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom