Question and Answer (a game) part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Wed I'm cooking for the family - but just 5 of us so it is managable and unlikely to involve the fire department (we hope!).

Then it's off to a weekend away. Def looking forward to that.

What you doing for Turkey day?

Smoking a turkey for the family, eating way too much, and watching football. We usually have a family football game, but won't be enough people around this time.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving feast dish?

It's a toss up between the stuffing and the sweet potatoes. It all depends on the execution on the year.

What are your after eating activities on T-Day?

Sitting on the couch, rubbing my belly, and passing out while everyone watches the Lions lose.

What is your favorite holiday?

Another Morrison Springs diver!!!!!!
Morrison was our favorite place while stationed at Keesler AFB in Biloxi MS. in the early 60's (I was in my early 20's then)

We went there during the summer as many as 3 times a month. In those days, we could take a tent and camp, cook etc. That allowed us to do night dives when the eels come out.

I have looked at pics from Morrison taken lately and the place has really changed. And my son-in-law and daughter are going their fairly regularly as they live in the Pensacola Area.

We could regularly go into the first cave which is the big one on the right behind the log (which is still there I understand). Then we would pull ourselves through the opening into the "2nd cave" and explore until our air was low.

I have entered the 3rd cave by taking off my tank pack (before BC's) and drug it because the ceiling was so low.

We have even been known to ditch and don into the 2nd cave (much younger years.) Wish I still had that strength. But at least I am still in the water.

Tom

Last edited:
Hi, Tom!

Welcome the SB! I think perhaps this post was meant for another forum. We're doing Q&A in this forum...

My favorite holiday is usually the one when I can be with family, either those in the US or those in Australia. Given the year and the teaching calendar, this tends to be around Christmas time. Though I am not particularly religious myself, I appreciate family, friends , and food all the same.

Which holiday meal provides the best leftovers in your opinion?

Hands down Thanksgiving . . the leftovers are better on Friday anyway!

Which is better Friday: turkey sandwiches with miracle whip or warmed up mac & cheese?

turkey sandwich

Is it truly Thanksgiving without cranberry sauce?

No although I never eat the stuff the rest of the year!

Do you deep fry your turkey?

I haven't personally but I have eaten it and its very good.

Have you started Christmas shopping yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom