question about weights and zeagle zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

urbaneve71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
okay -- i am getting a new zena and i am curious to all you who use the zena --- did you notice a big use of weight difference? i usually use about 16lbs, and that was in a weight belt. the zena is integrated. so i need to buy new weights.

i am curious to know how much of a difference in weights i should get?

cheers

The only difference should be if the BC you were diving before had drastically different buoyancy (like a stainless steel backplate for example). Otherwise it should be fairly similar. My wife has a zena and it didn't change a lot from other rental bc.

For weights you can use whatever you already have. Just toss them in the pockets. You can get the smaller yellow Zeagle mesh bags to make it easier.

okay -- thanks --- my other BCD i had to use a weight belt so i will have to change but thats okay.the information helps -- thanks

I bought my GF a Zena a couple of years ago. Get the optional Yellow pockets...worth everything you pay for them. The nice thing about this BDC and many others you have trim pockets on the back so you do not have to concentrate all of the weight around your waist, but spread it around.

I bought a zena and weight use didn't change from rental bcd. But I now put half the weights in trim pockets, which I find really helpful

im glad i can spread them around -- i should be getting it tomorrow so i will find out just how to balance -- im right next to the beach so i can go to my LDS and he will lend me some weights to try out to find out what i need

I have a Zena and didn't have to change weight from my previous BCD. Love the trim pockets! I use 4 lbs of weight and can put a 1 pound weight in each pocket. Nice!

My wife uses a Zena and weighting was basically the same. Maybe a little less than before but that could have come from being more experienced too. She wears 2 pounds in each trim pocket and the rest up front and loves the setup.

yeah i called my LDS and he is gonna let me borrow a couple of bags of weights --- i used to use a weight belt-- just so i can get a feel -- plus since its a black inflator, i need to get used to before i dive too

You keep saying you used a weight belt and now you have to get new weights, I am not understanding this. Are you weights not removable from the belt? You SHOULD be able to remove the weights from your weight belt (hang that up in the garage) and then put those very same weights in your pouches on the BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom