Question about LCD 30 Single Tank Wing W/ 22 mil bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lobstah Slayah

Contributor
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently purchased one of these from you and I am considering buying it from him. There is only one thing preventing me from doing so at this point. This concern deals with the Center Mounted 13 inch Fill / Exhaust Hose and the 18 inch LP hose. I'm curious why there is a five inch difference between the LP hose and the fill/ exhaust hose. It feels as if I have to reach way up on my shoulder to add or dump air. I really feel that the extra 5" in the fill hose would make a big difference in comfort and functionality. Is there a way to purchase a slightly longer fill hose to make gripping it more comfortable?

Last edited:
A friend of mine recently purchased one of these from you and I am considering buying it from him. There are only two things preventing me from doing so at this point. The first concern deals with the Center Mounted 13 inch Fill / Exhaust Hose and the 18 inch LP hose. I'm curious why there is a five inch difference between the LP hose and the fill/ exhaust hose. It feels as if I have to reach way up on my shoulder to add or dump air. I really feel that the extra 5" in the fill hose would make a big difference in comfort and functionality.

The LP hose is longer than the corrugated hose because the lp hose is connected to the regulator, not the wing. The ideal length for the lp hose varies depending on the position of the cylinder, and the hose routing of the particular regulator used.

We have furnished 13 inch corrugated hoses on 1000's and 1000's of single wings. Many divers new to BP&W's fill find these 13 inch hoses shorter than what they used too, but after using them for a while they almost always come to prefer them.

If you can turn your head and orally inflate the hose is long enough. If you cannot I would first suspect you have your wing and or plate too low on your back.

Tobin

Makes sense to me. Thank you for the prompt response!

Makes sense to me. Thank you for the prompt response!
I have the same setup. I am one that has come to appreciate this configuration. My 1st BC had the inflator almost to my waist. After diving Tobins's rig, I find I'm not fumbling for something down at my waist, I just look left without even turning my head and there it is! I also like the hose coming from the center of the wing. If by chance I'm vertical, the hose is at the highest point of the wing. Usually, I use the rear dump as I find it so easy to be horizontal with this rig. :)

Yep, the short inflater hose is weird at first. After a few dives it is just another piece of easily reached, properly-placed equipment.

The center placement takes a bit of getting used to, but if there are any problems, ask Tobin and he'll straighten you out!

Basically, trust what Tobin builds; you won't go wrong.

DS

Last edited:
The first time I saw a DSS BP&W. I thought that the inflator hose looked
like it would be a hassle to use, then I tried it. I now own two complete
setups for home and travel.

Agreed,
The 13" seems ideal. Anything longer now seems unnecessary.

-Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom