Question about drysuit pocket shockcord attachment point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My drysuit (Pinnacle Black Ice) has shockcord that runs along the top of the inside of the side pockets. I imagine that this is meant to be a lightweight attachment point for items that will be in the pocket.

The question I have is, what type of clips do people use with these? I am new to the suit, as well as drysuit diving, but I had a very hard time unclipping and reclipping items wearing my 5mm gloves and the standard clips I have. Are those larger carabiners I see on LP a good way to go?

I think you'll find that, with practice, clipping and unclipping normal snaps is not that difficult.

Carabiners have an issue that, when the gate contacts something, it opens -- this makes anything with a carabiner attached to it far more likely to get hung up on things (for example, and relevant to your location, kelp stipes!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom