Yes it works and colorful too.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My car has a way to big folding key fob, I originally ordered the larger of the two sizes to carry my fob while diving, the red one. I clip it inside my drysuit pocket, easy to get to after the dive to open the soul. Last week they offered them (at least that’s when I noticed) in orange along with other colors so I ordered the smaller one on the chance that my fob will fit since the larger one has a bunch of extra room
973A77A7-E261-4E1C-BDC3-7A27CB259D6E.jpeg
D0065094-3FA0-49FD-A8D5-CAB3E08F3357.jpeg

it fit even in a baggie and the slightly smaller size makes it more negative in the buoyancy department, the larger one will float just barely.
very well made and I feel better having my keys with me rather than hiding them.

Thank you for these kind words @lexvil, I LOVE that Orange!!

Yes, those 4mm do make a difference. The smaller (original) 42mm DRYFOB has a 65G (2.3 oz) buoyancy where as the larger -L 46mm has a 92g (3.2 oz) buoyancy. Some of the very large keys like the Jeep 4 button or large Buick ones won't fit but most do fit in the original smaller size. Those with the larger one can also add a few coins to weigh it down but as you say both are quite neutral with the keys.

Glad you like them and we appreciate you getting both.
Attaching a couple of pictures of the new limited edition colors in case anyone is considering these :) lol, blatant self promotion.

1670941655973.png
1670942580736.png

I’d still recommend closing the door or trunk with a bit of towel sticking out. This way you can dry hands and outside of container from drippy water before handling key fob.

Most vehicles these days have what is called a "valet key" which is an actual key and not the electronic FOB. This is what I use while diving and just keep it on a neck chain so that I can unlock the truck post dive. I just leave the full function electronic FOB in my console in the locked truck. I also have the amount of insurance that lets me dive easy and sleep easy if anything were to compromise my assets .

Most vehicles these days have what is called a "valet key" which is an actual key and not the electronic FOB. This is what I use while diving and just keep it on a neck chain so that I can unlock the truck post dive. I just leave the full function electronic FOB in my console in the locked truck. I also have the amount of insurance that lets me dive easy and sleep easy if anything were to compromise my assets .

Mine won't lock if the key fob is in the car.

Mine won't lock if the key fob is in the car.
Yes, ours has the proximity function too. I did go through a bout of taking out the battery or wrapping it in foil or a cage of some kind before we made the DRYFOB.

For sure there are lots of solutions and many other threads on SB about padlocks, hitch locks, fake dog poop, or old camera cases as alternatives. DRYFOB is certainly not the only solution, but it really works. We had them IPx8 rated to 330ft.

Don't go to Bonaire.

Some or even many but not mine, it doesn’t even have a key hole, you have to remove a cover to find the hole, silly design. I keep my key in a baggie to keep wet fingers off of it.

Don't go to Bonaire.
I recall asking AB Car Rental in Bonaire if they provided a waterproof case for their electronic key. They said no, but they could RENT me one (as in, charge me a fee to keep their key dry), and if I damaged the key by getting it wet they would charge me for that, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom