Question about a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone heard of a regulator made by "Sub Pro"? I have a chance to purchase a seven year old model called a Sub Pro Avalon that has never been used. It includes an octupus made by the same company and a SPG.

Any ideas of what this unit is worth?

Thinking of using this as a backup for my regular unit on trips.

Unless you know of a shop that will service it, it is not worth a dime.

ProSub is a German company I believe. Not sure if they are a manufacturer or just a distributor. They still seem to be in business so you should be able to get parts to service it. Finding someone that has the knowledge to service it in the states may be difficult to impossible. I have never heard anything about this company good or bad, but I would never buy life support equipment from a manufacturer I knew nothing about.

For what it's worth...

http://www.snorkelingequipment.com/...rosub+deluxe+4+avalon+bal+reg&cat=blanced_reg

More info...

http://www.prosub.com/

I don't believe that german link is the prosub he is talking about. Pro sub is very inexpensive... not really high quality, (I'm dancing around calling it cheap junk...) manufacturer. They have been around a bit, but are not really a brand that I've seen many shops carry.

I do have access to rebuild kits on them... but since major brands like aeris, mares, tusa, etc can be had in a 275 range with gauges and octo.... unless it is very cheap, and you're not expecting much from it in performance... I'd probably tell you to skip on it.

scubatoys:
I don't believe that german link is the prosub he is talking about. Pro sub is very inexpensive... not really high quality, (I'm dancing around calling it cheap junk...) manufacturer. They have been around a bit, but are not really a brand that I've seen many shops carry.

I do have access to rebuild kits on them... but since major brands like aeris, mares, tusa, etc can be had in a 275 range with gauges and octo.... unless it is very cheap, and you're not expecting much from it in performance... I'd probably tell you to skip on it.

Curious. Is there another company named ProSub or Sub Pro that sells a regulator with the name Avalon? Not trying to be difficult, genuinely interested to know.

Thanks Larry,
I forgot to introduce myself to you yesterday. At that time I thought it was an older Scuba-Pro but found out it was the Pro - Sub.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom