Quest for a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's an awfully solemn face considering the new toys. Or are you thinking about the credit card bill? :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the dry diving family. And remember - dry suit was never meant to be really dry
:D :D :D

Are you still looking into the other suits you mentioned? I will be interested to hear what you think of the Whites after trying the other two. I have the Whites w/tech skin and really like it. The skin has come in contact with Zebra muscles more often then I care to think about and I have yet to even see the slightest indication there was ever contact. One thing that is really nice about the Fusions the way the skin fits you, the bubble others talk about is really not there or ever a problem. We do a lot of scavenging so I am in a head down position a lot and I have yet to have a problem with the air all heading to my feet and having to maneuver to get it back.

I bought a TLS350 myself. Since I have wide feet I opted for the rock boots socks but instead of rock boots I wear wet suit low cut boots and my Jets fit perfectly.

This is something you would have the option of trying if the fins you use now are not ideal, that is as long as you don't have to walk on rocks.

I've now done five dives with my suit. It's getting easier to use and I no longer need a 30 minute head start from my buddy... So far, I have not surfaced feet first yet. :)

I have a CLX 450 and have dived it maybe 15 times. I really don' t like the feeling of diving in a Dry Suit. It feels like I am diving in a bag and I am not happy with the slight loss of control on ascent as you 'wait' for the shoulder cuff to dump.

Hopefully your experience is better, I am strongly considering selling it...staying with layered neopreme...and it that's not warm enough, simply not diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom