Quest for a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep,but he was just a BIT hot.:rofl3::rofl3:

Well, now you've had a chance to dive two standard dry suits.

It is really too bad you can't DIVE the Fusion. That would make your decision easy. It's SO much more comfortable.

It is really too bad you can't DIVE the Fusion. That would make your decision easy. It's SO much more comfortable.
I'll have a (dry) look at the Fusion next weekend.

I did have a "dry" look at the Fusion today. Undergarments: Fourth element Xerotherm Arctic (I like them :))

20080622-028.jpg

To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the Fusion. Maybe it would be different if I could take it for a dive...

It also appeared today that drysuits can be very contagious... :rofl3:

20080622-035.jpg

Looks like we are similar built ;-). If You would like to check the Bare Trilam HD Tech ... well, we will be heading up to Zeeland soon. You can also drop by down here ...Your are right ... the drys are addictive :)

What did you not like about the Fusion? It is a strange animal compared with the standard drysuits, but did you move around and test your range of motion in it?

I had a LG/XL which should be the right size for me according to the size chart. I tried the same movements I had tried while wearing only the undergarment. That was not the problem.
The zipper didn't go as smoothly as expected but that probably was just a matter of applying some extra grease.

I just felt something missing, no wow factor. Both the DUI and the Seemann gave me the same range of motion. Maybe I just expected too much of the Fusion given its glowing reviews here and on other boards. :confused4:

Here's what we ended up with... :)

20080920-039.jpg

Me:
She:

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new suits! Now go out and get those things scratched up and sunburnt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom