Quarry Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you dont need a permit or permission as long as your qualified to dive the tunnel? Just wondering?

I have been over this a number of times.

You need both a permit and permission from the scuba concession to dive the tunnel. If you are even suspected the fine is pretty severe with a trespassing misdemenor. It is my understanding that this will be policed pretty severely.

Thus do not dive the tunnel unless the concession is open and you have a permit from the concession.

I do not want to have to try and get permission again because someome cannot play by the rules... their park, their rules... thank you for your cooperation and support.

Rich

Thanks for the clarification, Rich. You dont need to worry about sending the scuba police after me, I obey the park's rules.:cool2:

I have been over this a number of times.

You need both a permit and permission from the scuba concession to dive the tunnel. If you are even suspected the fine is pretty severe with a trespassing misdemenor. It is my understanding that this will be policed pretty severely.

Thus do not dive the tunnel unless the concession is open and you have a permit from the concession.

I do not want to have to try and get permission again because someome cannot play by the rules... their park, their rules... thank you for your cooperation and support.

Rich

Sorry, Rick, for opening up the can again; I was just trying to be humorous.

Greetings Denny and I loved WS and even got my permit to dive the crusher and played by all the rules.
The only issue I had was the camp ground was separate from the quarry but it was not huge deal for us.
I liked entering the water down at the crusher end, it was less crowded but a little tougher exit but not that tough in doubles.

The worst thing for us is the distance to travel however it was right on the way home from Huron when we were blown off.
I predict a few dives there this season post blow offs from the big lake.
Denny You Must Lead the Grimace Dive this week end! We will all fill out a profile to prevent your Trouble and ours as well!
You must show me this SOLO card, I am certain it is a beauty!
Perhaps we will have to compare them one day in the near future! :)

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Was there all weekend, great vis, good conditions..a little cold top side...Bring warm jackets when you get out, a must for novices, but a reminder for newbies

Did WhiteStar Sat and Sun. Water is warming up, I showed 44 on surface and 40 in the hole.Vis was pretty good on Sat, a little less on Sunday. I agree the crusher end was easier for me to get in and out, but have enjoyed diving from both ends, and the middle( just don't forget your fins when doing an entry from behind the scuba shack, name withheld:)) Saw some perch eggs hanging near the crusher.

Attachments

• DSCN0118.jpg
    DSCN0118.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 48
Did WhiteStar Sat and Sun. Water is warming up, I showed 44 on surface and 40 in the hole.Vis was pretty good on Sat, a little less on Sunday. I agree the crusher end was easier for me to get in and out, but have enjoyed diving from both ends, and the middle( just don't forget your fins when doing an entry from behind the scuba shack, name withheld:)) Saw some perch eggs hanging near the crusher.

Hey hey hey watch yourself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom