Q & A for Suunto Diving Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etilley,

There is not a specific protector for the D9tx crystals because they are sapphire and extremely scratch resistant. There are D-series scratch guards for the other models which your local dealer should have, but they will not fit exactly to the D9tx.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Hi Chris, I recently purchased a Suunto Helo2. I really like this dive computer although I think it has one major shortcoming. When I am in deco waiting to exit the water it would be really useful to see the tissue loading. Rather than using the conservative settings of the dive computer I would prefer to see the percentage tissue loading of the compartment with the highest load. This would allow me to make an informed decision about the appropriate time to leave the water rather than depending on the computer to tell me it's OK when in fact the highest tissue loading is still 99% of the allowable maximum.

The bar graph on the left of the display shows tank pressure. When used without a transmitter this bar graph does not appear. When used with a transmitter this bar graph appears to me to be redundant as the remaining tank pressure is displayed in the bottom left of the screen. The numbers in the tank pressure readout are larger than the bar graph so there should not be any concerns about readability of the bar graph vs readability of the numbers.

So, can you please ask the technical people at Suunto if this can be provided, preferably as a user-implementable firmware upgrade?

oldfella,

Thank you for your comments. I will pass these comments on and will let you know the response as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I have one of the Wireless transmitters and today it refused to pair with my dive computer(D6i) and when i removed my reg from my tank the green LED was on solid. I tried to look up in the manual if this was a sign of a Low Battery but i didn't find anything.

Falminr6,

Did you try to clear the hp code in the dive settings menu?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

@: Chris@Suunto

do you have news about the new Eon Steel ?

Yes Chris I tried that. I've order a battery kit for it and once it arrives I will replace the battery and see

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dubois,

I cannot disclose any specific information yet, but I have just posted a sneak peak on the Suunto Forum of the new computer.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post added September 11th, 2014 at 12:12 PM ----------

Flaminr6,

Please let me know if this corrects the issue.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

When will be able to buy the eon steel?

shawrg,

There is not currently an adjustment/calibration procedure for the Cobra. Your computer needs to be sent in to an authorized service center for evaluation. You can locate the closest service center by the service center locater from the link provided Repair - Service Center Locator | Suunto

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post Merged at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:48 PM ----------

undrwater,

I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced with your Suunto diving computers. Unfortunately, by purchasing these units second hand you do not recieve any kind of warranty. When you purchase a Suunto dive computer from an authorized dealer in the US, you receive a 5 year pro-rated warranty. The last trade in program ended on July 31st, but keep checking because there are always new programs. Suunto has launched the new D-series computers (D4i,D6i,D9tx) which have been redesigned from the previous version D-series. The pressure sensor malfunctions have been corrected with the new model lineup. Again I apologize for the malfunctions that you have encountered, and assure you that Suunto is constantly working to correct any issues.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

---------- Post Merged at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Topbodz,

Have you tried clearing the transmitter code within your D9 dive settings menu? Also, how long has it been since your computer and transmitter have had the batteries replaced?

Thanks,
Chris from Suunto

Chris,
Would you please explain this 5-year warranty. When I look at the Suunto website it only lists a 2-year warranty. I just picked up my d4i yesterday after a battery replacement at my authorized dealer and the tech told me that there is a 5-year warranty on the depth sensor. Where is all of this in writing? Thanks.
Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom