PX3 Piston O-Ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aowdan

Contributor
Reaction score
Selma, Lawd, Selma, Alabama (you know, 13 National
# of dives
100 - 199
i bought a px3 ( 1st stage) about 7 months ago. 4 dives later, i blew an o-ring somewhere. i think its the piston o-ring. air is coming out of the ambient ports. returned to lds, great service, no questions they just handed me another one. about 1 month ago, same thing happened. have not had the chance to return the 2nd one.

since they are out of the office till the 13th i figured someone else might be able to help out. anyone had this problem with the px3? heard of it? i don't know anyone else here that has one.
thanks in advace:D

dano

All balanced piston 1st use a small o-ring between the piston shaft and the regulator body to establish the seal between the high pressure chamber and the ambient chamber. The pressure differential of over 3000 psi requires tight tolerances and o-ring resistant to extrusion. I believe scubapro, a number of years ago, used a bad lot of o-rings and had lots of problems. Reg mfgrs have dealt with this problem successfully for many years now so I'm sure your particular problem is not characteristic of PX3s.

Do you know if the LDS replaced the entire PX3 or if they just replaced the failed o-ring? Replacing the failed o-ring should be the norm, but you must be sure to use the correct hardness o-ring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom