Putting Poseidon Xstream on Scubapro MK 25 Evo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JacobAdkins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I want to put a Xstream on a MK25 Evo what adapters will I need since I am using a Poseidon second stage? Gonna be using this for sidemount. I read that Poseidon regs need adapters etc if put on a different brand.

Not true.

Really old Poseidon stages might have metric threads. But that's rare.
You might be referring to the fact that Xstream and Jetstream stages are downstream regs that will lock up if the IP runs away (most other regs will free-flow).
The stock Poseidon hose (might) have a built in OPV (over pressure valve) to prevent that. The newer first stages have it built in.
You can do what I have done: I have a newer first stage that doesn't have an OPV, and the hoses don't have the built in OPV. So I just added a separate OPV that is screwed into an IP port on the first.

Some people might point out that the odds of a decent first having the IP run away like is so rare that it's not worth worrying about...
But the OPV was $10.

I have a Jetstream on a Mark V. If you have a downstream second stage teamed with it then you can use this:

dgx-adapter-lp-poseidon-2nd-stage-black-m31x1-5-f-9-16-inch-m

Or what I am using, this with a built in pressure relief:

The Jetstream and Xstream are pneumatic servo actuated valves that are effectively upstream so a pressure relief must be used, either another second stage that is downstream, an OPV in the first stage or an adapter such as the Omni with integrated OPV or the OEM Poseidon hose with integrated OPV.

Here I am diving my Jetstream on the Omni swivel with my Mark V and an Oceanic octopus (which could act as the downstream OPV in the system):

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom