purposes of manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey!

:wink:

Soggy:
Yer no fun....
Remember. Since he is a lawyer he won't have a problem representing himself totally differently between threads. Each thread is a standalone version of a debate.

i'll let you guys think about why it's not relevant

in the meantime.... i have other threads to pollute

:14:

well, close...

it's more like "i don't know anything about x but i'm still an expert, darn you!"

:D

In my view:

Isolator manifolds are better for buddy/team diving as you can donate more gas in the event of a failure, but leave you open to possibly having an inadiquate gas supply to exit on your own should you need to isolate as no person has an instantanious, zero time shutdown.

Independants are better for solo diving because a catastrophic failure will not leave you with less gas than you need to exit in a single tank. (provided proper planning)

And both Crossbars and H-Valves have no place in an overhead environement as they both have single point of failures that leave with with zero gas.

YMMV

H2Andy:
i'll let you guys think about why it's not relevant

in the meantime.... i have other threads to pollute

:14:

What, you're not going to have the last word and lock the thread as you go out the door?? :wink:

-Roman.

lol

well, it was unlocked to let Spectre post (not by me); i just squeezed right in

(the benefits of being a fast typist)

basically, the idea for this thread came to me because i was thinking:

what is the manifold valve for?

all i could think of was shutting the connection between the two tanks

i wanted to see if i was missing something

really appreciate all the feedback

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back