Purchasing tomorrow but can't decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDH

Reaction score
Tomorrow we are planning to purchase our reg setups but can't decide between these three. V16, Abyss Mr22 or the Zeagle Envoy. Any pro's or con's needed. :bounce:

NDH:
Tomorrow we are planning to purchase our reg setups but can't decide between these three. V16, Abyss Mr22 or the Zeagle Envoy. Any pro's or con's needed. :bounce:

We are diving for the next two weekends before our trip to cozumel and wanted to have a test trial before hand.

If you want some advise, you need to tell us how you plan on using it.

what made you narrow it to those three choices? Price? Performance? Availability? Aesthetics?

How do you plan to use them? 10 dives a year? 100?

How cold? How warm? Boat or shore diving (sandy or extremely sandy)?

The Zeagle Envoy is a great reg that'll work well and it doesn't really matter how you plan on using it or where. Well it's best when you put one end in your mouth and breath. They can also be had for a reasonable price.

I want to try the abyss because they'll sell you parts if you want to service your own without making you go under ground for a couple of regulator parts.

I don't know anything about the other one.

Price is a concern since we are buying 2 sets. We would like to stay around the $300 range for our regs.

We are planning to dive approx. 50-75 times this year in warm water. One trip to cozumel, one to the flower gardens, and one to roatan. Not counting the small trips to area lakes in texas. Can't see anything under 65 degree's this year or next.

We have been using rental gear that has been mostly Mares but like the pre dive switch that zeagle offers.

If you are going to choose from those three. I would recommend Mares MR22 Abyss. I still belive Abyss and Ruby is the best reg from Mares, not Ice or Ti-planet. Maybe some people tnink the second stage is heavy but it breathes really smooth and dry. I would say Mares abyss may be the best reg you can get less than $300.

NDH:

1)V16
2)Abyss
3)Envoy

where does the Z1 come from? BTW Z1 leaks when the condition is not very good. :bounce:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom