Purchasing tomorrow but can't decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks scubahorse for the response. We are planning to learn how to rebuild our own reg's and someone said we could buy parts easier.

undefined
NDH:
Tomorrow we are planning to purchase our reg setups but can't decide between these three. V16, Abyss Mr22 or the Zeagle Envoy. Any pro's or con's needed. :bounce:

I am in the same situtaion I am trying to decide between Genises 2000 or SubaPro,. In you case I was told V16 is a good performing regulator.

We decided to go with the v16 for our first reg. I'm not saying that it is the best, but I think it will be a good start untill we try others. We just didn't want to rent anymore since I had a free flow on rental gear. Good luck to you Coa.

My 1st reg was a v16 and breathing and performance wise in nice warm water its great (and light.) I use it when doing warm water diving. For cold water I've swithced to Apeks after the cold caused a freeflow with the v16.

NDH:
We decided to go with the v16 for our first reg. I'm not saying that it is the best, but I think it will be a good start untill we try others. We just didn't want to rent anymore since I had a free flow on rental gear. Good luck to you Coa.

I Ordered the Genises 2000 Reg. Did you get the V16?

The Abyss breathes wonderfully. The hose can feel a bit stiff at times, but it's a sturdy, metallic reg that should last you for years.

But, oops, you've probably bought something already. :59:

You've got a $100 swing between a V16 Proton at just below 200 bucks, and an Abyss at just below $300... So it's the 100 dollar question... And personally, I like the larger second stage, and the metal construction of the Abyss more than the protons.

The other real strong runner at about 50 bucks more than the abyss, would be the Aeris Pro... That is one of the only pneumatically balanced second stages near that price range. Very impressive breathing, and it's one of the few regs that is a sealed diaphragm, and yet has a swivel to knock down the jaw pull... a swivel that actually works that is...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom