Purchasing first wet suit 7mm - Henderson Aqualock or Bares Elastik

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some things just can't be made better. The 1st wet suits were smooth rubber inside and outside we used talc powder to ease the entry. Those were mainly 1/4" to 3/16" thick. Somebody started putting linings on the inside while other added zippers at the wrists and ankles as well as the lining to ease entry. The smooth skins suits were then considered obsolete, by the dive manufacturers anyway. Apparently some of them have re-discovers the warmth of these suits.

I totally agree. My first wetsuits were smooth skin inside and when manufacturers went to lined insides they seemed not as warm as the old smooth skin suits IMHO. Today all I will ever use is a custom smooth skin inside suit. As said above it's good some companies are now offering this rubber option again.

I totally agree. My first wetsuits were smooth skin inside and when manufacturers went to lined insides they seemed not as warm as the old smooth skin suits IMHO. Today all I will ever use is a custom smooth skin inside suit. As said above it's good some companies are now offering this rubber option again.

Thread jack!

Who's your tailor?

Thread jack!

Who's your tailor?

Aquaflite has been good for me, but thinking of trying a JMJ suit. Some of my friends have used M&B in the past and were happy. 7mm Farmer john with attached hooded jacket & beavertail is my suit.

I have the Aqualock... 3, 5 and 7mm... I use the 5mm at Brockville in the late summer with a 3mm hood and I am very comfortable... Early summer, 7mm with a 5/3 mm hooded vest... Very warm, easy to get on... They are fantastic suits...

While not one of your options, an excellent suit would be the Hollis NeoTek Semi Dry. It's resilient, tough, warm and incredibly easy to put on. I believe it's in your budget too.

Back
Top Bottom