Pulled one from the Occoquan River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PWCPD Diver

Reaction score
Got called out yesterday morning. Virginia State Police had a prisoner escape and jump off of a Bridge on I-95 into the Occoquan River off of the Potomac River. The drop to the water line was 62' depth was 20'. Water temp was about 48 degrees. We were called out two hours after he had jumped. We put the jack stays at the point last seen and the find was less than 2 minutes.

Looks like he flunked the diving program. 62' should have put him at some where around 55 or 60 mph at the water. Like the saying goes, if you don't want to do the time don't do the crime. So I guess he's done now.

Good job and at least everyone came out safe.

It's going to be interesting to see who gets the last one for the year. :wink:

Gary D.

Tent stake or lawn dart :wink:

Guess it was worth a try??? Darwin candidate!!!

Glad I'm not that Trooper. I can visualize having to write that SP-110. People are very unpredictable.
I had one get out of my unmarked car (no cages) on night on the way to jail. I was going about 70 mph at the time. I grabbed him by the neck of his sweatshirt as he bailed out. I held him for a few seconds as I stomped on the brakes. When I lost my grip he somehow got underneath my vehicle. He stayed under it for several seconds. I could feel the thumping through the floorboard. Just like hitting a rabbit. I knew for sure I had killed him. As the car came to a stop I sat in it for about ten seconds to compose myself. I grabbed my maglite and went looking. I was very relieved to see him jogging down the highway. I went and retrieved him. On the way back to the vehicle I observed his tennis shoes, pocket change and gum he had been chewing lying in the roadway. Other than a severe case of road rash on his torso and face he was okay. All the high spots on his face were sanded off. The tip of his nose and cheeks, chin and eyebrows were bright red circles. I suspect he is now probably forced to work as a circus clown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom