Lantana Rpt Jul 18 - 3 layer Thermoclines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dove south of Benny's Lake Worth Pier today just about into Lantana Fl. Jumped in 100 ft deep, 74° on the very bottom, but a thermal back up to 78° at 50 ft, then 82° on the safety stop. Barely half of a knot of current on both the bottom and the surface and about 60 ft of slightly hazy viz. Almost no boats on the water near us. 2nd dive had a visit from the tax man, but since it's not April 15th he was asked to leave with a bump on the nose.

20230718_102055.jpg

Also this morning the BHB bridge construction is rapidly moving along. In this picture there are seven full cement trucks waiting to have their load pumped up by the orange crane arm you see, to the top of the bridge to pour on the rebar to make pavement. In addition, they are painting the last bridge supports white today. I don't think there's any cement forms that the workers have to strip off underneath the bridge. Just my two cents, I don't see why they can't just pull the barriers out of the water and open up the beach again in the next one or two weeks, but I'm not an engineer.

20230718_073704.jpg

My next dive day is mini season next week, better call your favorite dive boat quick grab some lobsters!

My next dive day is mini season next week, better call your favorite dive boat quick grab some lobsters!
Got myself booked for 7- 2 tank trips in 2 days hoping I get a bunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom