WPB Rpt Jun 21 - The Town of Cicero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Launched from the Phil Foster ramps. But before hand I ran up to the construction bridge and snapped this picture below. It looks like all the old pavement is gone and they are now starting the heavy rebar crossword puzzle. Next comes the multiple pours from cement trucks. It's moving quick.

20230621_074348.jpg

Seas were nice in the AM, but not flat in the PM. Dove a 115 ft deep spot that we call Cicero. Cicero is a small Chicagoland town that's very nice with a whole bunch of bad neighbors surrounding it. I had just backrolled in and 4 bull sharks swam vertically straight up to meet me. Forget coffee, I'm awake now !!. Bulls are very territorial. If you can drift/swim out of their 'yard' they'll stop following you. After 10 mins & a 1500ft drift away, they left me. So I started poking and I got 14 lionfish off the reef. Viz 40ft, temps 76° & 2knot current.

Did some 'Pre-Scouting' for lobster season also. It's just as important to know where NOT to Go also. Made some notes today because mini-season opens next month!

FWC officer D Morgan knew all about the Fla FWC , all summer, Free lionfish tournament. He checked out my stringer full of lionfish for a picture.

20230621_151718.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom