Puget Sound Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JT851

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey Folks...

Im a diver in the Monterey CA area and will be coming to up Washington about the first of the year... Im going to be going Crab Fishing somewhere (Northport) or something like that... I cant remember where my dad said they go...

But Im going to have a day to go diving in the Pugent Sound area... Any tips, advice, reports, equip considerations and dive outfits anyone can give would be great....

Im a Padi MSDT Instructor, and Tec Diver.. I probably wont be doing any tech dives, but might lug the doubles up just for a long long rec dive(s)...

Any info would be great...

Don't haul your doubles up here. Give us a holler when you're closer to your trip and have firm dates, and I can almost totally guarantee you that you can find somebody to lend you tanks.

If you only have one day to dive, probably a charter is your best bet overall. The good shore diving sites are current-sensitive, and if you're here on the wrong days, you can't really dive them, but the charter captains can always find someplace to dive. We live boat here, so drifting is a very viable option. Most charters need four people to go out, though, so if your one day is a weekday, that can be problematic.

But we can ALWAYS dive somewhere, and if your one day is a weekday, give a shout here or on the nwdiveclub site, and most likely, somebody will be able to hook up with you and get you into the water.

First, you need to find out where you're going to be ... never heard of Northport, but Westport is out on the coast, about 3 hours drive from Seattle. If that's where you're going, then a trip to Hood Canal will be a lot closer than coming all the way to Seattle.

If that's the case, then Pacific Adventures operates a really nice charter out of Pleasant Harbor, in Hood Canal. January's a nice time to dive there.

If you're going to be coming to Seattle, then as Lynne said, let us know. Several of us have spare gear for visiting divers ... especially heavy stuff like tanks and weights. Most of us will dive at the drop of a suggestion, and are happy to show out-of-towners why we're so proud of our local mudholes.

Let us know more as your plans come together ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thats where we will be going...Westport.... But first gonna arrive in Tacoma at my uncles for a day or two...So it sounds like I might be doing a lil more diving (maybe) then I thought.... If I get bored fishin for crab I might run and do a dive or too @ Hood Canal...

I will let yall know when more details arrive... Thanks everyone for the links and info....

While you're in Tacoma, take in Les Davis and/or Redondo. Both are excellent sites, not current sensitive, and have lots of structures with loads of critters. If you can hook up with a local diver or two and have them show you around, you'll have a blast. I'd offer, but we're going to be gone by the end of the year :depressed:

As I said, give us a holler when you're closer to the time. Tides dictate a lot of what we can do, but we can always dive SOMEWHERE. If you're in the Tacoma area, the Bandito charters are VERY convenient to you.

I would recommend Bandito Charters. While it's the only charter I've done in Puget Sound I can say that they run a first rate business. Enjoy your dives.

Back
Top Bottom