Puget Sound area dive shop reviews ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solitude Diver:
A lot of the ones you find at the hardware stores are not solid brass or stainless, but are a plated metal (chrome, etc). These tend to corrode and deteriorate faster which can cause them to bind up easier.

However, along those lines, some marine/boat stores sometimes carry solid brass and stainless clips.

Lowe's carries all three,chrome,brass,stainless. I can't say what the internal parts are made of but I would assume stainless as well since mine have held up quite well. I doubt that there is a stainless steel bolt snap manufacturer that makes one stainless steel model for hardware and marine stores and another model for dive stores.

I was just thinking the same thing GC.. its kinda like the special dry gloves at dive shops for 50 60 bucks that u can buy at Dunlap for 4 bucks....

We go up to Tacoma several weekends a month for O/W classes with students. We used to send our students to Underwater Sports on Hwy 99 for their air fills. Unfortunately, there have been numerous occasions when their staff have been rude and abrupt with our students. Customer service is definately not their strong suit lately. Not sure why.

So some of us in our shop are starting to send our students to Lighthouse and have had great luck with them. They've taken good care of our students.

We're looking into using another shop - TL Sea in Des Moines. Anyone ever use them? Opinions?

I have use TL Sea often. I have taken classes with them, purchased, borrowed, had repaired, and discussed gear with them over the years. I have dove with many of their DM's and club members.

Pax is usually working a very friendly, knowledgeable guy. You will often find the owners Trux and Lavonne in the shop.

I find the staff very friendly. Some are more knowledgeable than others but that is not to say that the staff is not knowledgeable. Everyone I have spoke with there has a firm grasp of divers and our sometimes unique needs. I believe everyone on staff is a certified diver.

Contact TL Sea, I am sure they would be more than willing to make sure you and your students get the great customer service you expect.

Scuba Sheri:
We go up to Tacoma several weekends a month for O/W classes with students. We used to send our students to Underwater Sports on Hwy 99 for their air fills. Unfortunately, there have been numerous occasions when their staff have been rude and abrupt with our students. Customer service is definately not their strong suit lately. Not sure why.

So some of us in our shop are starting to send our students to Lighthouse and have had great luck with them. They've taken good care of our students.

We're looking into using another shop - TL Sea in Des Moines. Anyone ever use them? Opinions?
Well, since you're coming up from the south and looking at Tacoma shops ... you might want to check out the new one in town ...

http://www.tacomascuba.net/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Well, since you're coming up from the south and looking at Tacoma shops ... you might want to check out the new one in town ...

http://www.tacomascuba.net/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I did actually check that one out last night online after I saw it posted here. We're going to go by that shop as well to check it out. Have you used them before?

We only use the Tacoma shops for airfills not purchasing equipment but we want our students to have good customer services though to increase their satisfaction with their o/w weekend and the sport.

Thanks for the info!

gis_gal:
I have use TL Sea often. I have taken classes with them, purchased, borrowed, had repaired, and discussed gear with them over the years. I have dove with many of their DM's and club members.

Pax is usually working a very friendly, knowledgeable guy. You will often find the owners Trux and Lavonne in the shop.

I find the staff very friendly. Some are more knowledgeable than others but that is not to say that the staff is not knowledgeable. Everyone I have spoke with there has a firm grasp of divers and our sometimes unique needs. I believe everyone on staff is a certified diver.

Contact TL Sea, I am sure they would be more than willing to make sure you and your students get the great customer service you expect.

Thanks for the info on TL Sea. I'm going to run by there on our next o/w weekend to try and meet the owners and check out the shop.

Scuba Sheri:
Thanks for the info on TL Sea. I'm going to run by there on our next o/w weekend to try and meet the owners and check out the shop.
TLSea is a very friendly store. I have taken a few classes with Trux, and find his personality to be very friendly with everyone and even humorous at times. I’m sure you’ll like them.

If you want to meet with the owners you may want to go to their website, and email them (either Truxton (Trux) or Lavonne) or call first. Let them know you are looking for a store in the area, and wish to meet them. I’m sure they’d love to accommodate you if they are available. They are in and out of the shop a lot as they also participate in the many of the classes, so you might miss them if you don’t call or email 1st.

http://tlsea.com

I believe they are closed on Sunday’s.

Please post your impressions of the new Tacoma store after your visit, as I am sure there are a couple of us that are curious.

Solitude Diver:
TLSea is a very friendly store. I have taken a few classes with Trux, and find his personality to be very friendly with everyone and even humorous at times. I’m sure you’ll like them.

If you want to meet with the owners you may want to go to their website, and email them (either Truxton (Trux) or Lavonne) or call first. Let them know you are looking for a store in the area, and wish to meet them. I’m sure they’d love to accommodate you if they are available. They are in and out of the shop a lot as they also participate in the many of the classes, so you might miss them if you don’t call or email 1st.

http://tlsea.com

I believe they are closed on Sunday’s.

Please post your impressions of the new Tacoma store after your visit, as I am sure there are a couple of us that are curious.

Thanks for the info on TL Sea, I will give them a call first since we would like to meet the owners. I've heard from a few people that the owners are just great.

Well, I've been associated with TL Sea for 4.5 years, first as a "regular" diver and customer, and now as a DM. I've always been treated fairly and had lots of fun learning with them. Done most of my training there, and many trips; they do travel extremely well. And you won't find anyone more knowledgeable than Pax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom