Pt Lobos closure, Sun, Feb 15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

astrofunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We braved the storm this morning to make good on a pair of reservations at Pt. Lobos, but we pulled up at about 10:30 only to find the park closed.

I've never seen that before. Does anyone know the story?

We salvaged the day by doing a nice long dive along the pipe to the Metridium Fields, and then over to the breakwater and on in. Despite a little rain, the breakwater was *eminently* diveable, the viz was probably 30+ ft, and we had our choice of parking spots. It turned into a great day to be out!

ya think it was connected to the state budget issues and closing public/ state run offices? Hopefully it wont be a regular thing or at least they should pick monday or tuesdays for the shutdown.

I didn't talk to the ranger directly ... but from what I know
the road was blocked by a tree that had been blown over.
Our group waited till 8:45 before heading for breakwater.

I called the park. They said the weather was bad and trees were falling over, so it was unsafe to open for the public.

Now thats a system.... collect diver reservation fees, sell park passes for 365 a year (or whatever its good for that is) and then be closed! Where do I sign up to be on the receiving end?? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom