'Olive' you should come to our special REEF fish and invertebrate ID classes and fun dives Fri - Sun, Sept 27-29 in the Monterey area! Everyone invited, it's free, and we WANT YOU there. Olive you. It's gonna be fun! More details and info here: https://www.REEF.org/monterey2019
(that's an Olive Rockfish in case you were wondering...)
Join REEF staff members Ellie Place and Janna Nichols in Monterey on Sept. 27-29 for three days of diving, California marine life ID classes and fun!
We welcome both experienced surveyors and those new to fishwatching (and everyone in between).
- Learn how you can participate in REEF's Volunteer Fish Survey Project as a citizen scientist and contribute to the largest marine life sightings database in the world.
- Come to free classes to learn basic California fish and invertebrate ID.
- Dive with us to see how REEF surveys are conducted underwater.
- Friday, Sept. 27: 1-2 dives at Point Lobos. Bring your own tanks and gear. Grab a buddy and make your own reservations. Meet at 8:30am at the gate.
- Saturday, Sept. 28: California marine life ID classes held at Cisco offices in San Jose (more details to follow if you register for these). Complimentary breakfast and lunch provided.
- 9am - noon: California Fish ID class
- 1pm - 4pm: California Invertebrates/Algae ID class
- Sunday, Sept. 29: 7:30am meet (to get parking) for shore dive at the Breakwater (San Carlos Beach)
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Ellie or Janna
Spread the word to your local dive clubs and dive buddies!