PST/Worthington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Hi Folks been a while since I been here or even kept up with any dive gear changes. But I began diving again recently and now I am looking for a 2d set of PST e7 120s for doubles.

I know PST was having problems and there tanks are scarce from what I can tell unless you find em used. The Worthington tanks X8-120 I believe is the proper nomenclature, appear to be very similar to the PST E7-120.

Any body had a chance to dive both that can give me your perspective on the two?

thank you

The Worthington's have filled the PST void nicely.

I think if you look at the specs they tend to be just a little more negative which is usually favorable. Other than that they are just about drop in replacements.

I have not tried the Worthingtons.

Pete

I just bought a couple smaller worthington tanks. There is a cool video on youtube about how they are made.

I have 4 PST130's (the king of tanks.)

My apex buddy has 4 of the (un)Worthington 130's.

The (un)Worthington's are shorter than the PST's. Not by much. An inch, maybe two.

They weigh about the same.

When I dive her tanks and she dives mine, there is no discernible difference.

She likes the (un)Worthington's because, being shorter, they're easier to carry. With my PST's (the king of tanks) she's dragging them around.

That's really it.

Oh, and Worthington 130's are the precocious upstarts, while the PST 130's are the king of tanks.

Other than that - no difference.

Really.

I don't dive the 120's. I'm 5'9" and can trim out a 130 just fine. Why take less gas?

---
Ken

I talked with Steve at PST Scuba last week. It appears that they have just sold a "few" 130 cylinders that were produced years ago at the original PST factory but had not been hydro inspected. According to him, they also has "several" other sizes that fell into the same category. Of course, they have also been attempting to sale a number of the only HP80's that were made in the old factory.

I asked him about the new cylinders from Korea. He said that there were press problems and they have no delivery date for any new cylinders. It looks like PST will not be a factor in the market on any predictable date in the future.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

I have a PST steel 100 and a Worthington steel 100. They are pretty much the same. I don't change weights at all from one to the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom