PST Resurrects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have to hand it to Hoosier, for his optimism:

Hoosier, despite your denials, we have to believe that you're in their pocket. Or, just a very naive chearleader. What is this, the third year in a row that you have pronounced PST's return?

We all look forward to actual and real competition. Let us know when they have 100, 120 and 130's ready to ship "today". Until such time...........it's just wishful thinking.

Besides, what's wrong with Worthington's product? Seems, they've filled the niche quite nicely. And in a much more timely manner than PST was doing.

Hoosier, despite your denials, we have to believe that you're in their pocket. Or, just a very naive chearleader. What is this, the third year in a row that you have pronounced PST's return?

We all look forward to actual and real competition. Let us know when they have 100, 120 and 130's ready to ship "today". Until such time...........it's just wishful thinking.

Besides, what's wrong with Worthington's product? Seems, they've filled the niche quite nicely. And in a much more timely manner than PST was doing.

He has tank envy! :D

:D:D

I have been a very naive chearleader. I have contacted them (New Joint Venture company) several times, but their answers weren't clear enough.

Currently, I have four PST tanks and four Worthington Tanks. So, I am in the objective position.

Nothing is wrong with Worthington Tanks. I just want to see a drastic competition and price goes down in the market. :wink:

Given current prices for steel, I have a hard time beleiving anyone could either justify or survive a price war. It just ain't gonna happen. The market appears sufficiently handled by Worthington and since there's alot of animosity towards PST from dealers I wonder how they intend to market their "comeback" - if at all. Why should someone like Phil bother to place an order with PST? I wouldn't unless its COD.

Oh~~ You never know..

At the begining, Worthington also got into the market with a competively lower price to PST....
And, even 10% lower price worked very well....

Oh~~ You never know..

At the begining, Worthington also got into the market with a competively lower price to PST....
And, even 10% lower price worked very well....

And PST is just finishing or still in restructuring. And steel prices are a good 20% higher today than when Worthington restarted their scuba wares ~3 yrs ago.

If I were shopping, I would willingly pay Worthington "10% more" and actually get a tank.

And PST is just finishing or still in restructuring. And steel prices are a good 20% higher today than when Worthington restarted their scuba wares ~3 yrs ago.

If I were shopping, I would willingly pay Worthington "10% more" and actually get a tank.

I am talking about a relative price to Worthington, NOT an absolute price under a precondition that PST tank is available in the market.

If NEW PST tank is 10% cheaper and is in stock, I will prefer PST to Worthington.:wink:

But, it is only my hope at this moment....:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom