PST E9791 Permit - can I hydro and VIP or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I can’t find one either. But after wasting a day and then slicing the numbers in a variety of ways, I found that the variance with the tanks I could quantify reliably was *so* narrow that I just don’t care anymore — which is of course the same point you were making! :)

9790 is Worthington and isn't due for renewal yet.

9791 has been renewed as of October 2018 and is good to 2022
https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/approvals...ile-serve/offer/SP9791.pdf/offerserver/SP9791

If it hadn't been, their hydro becomes invalid and they can no longer be hydro tested unless of course you apply for a permit renewal as an individual, but thankfully you don't have to worry about that for a hot minute.

Hydro shop should have the REE info. REE stamping is pretty inconsistent, most I have seen don't have it on there from PST.

Remember though, those stubby 80's are VERY negatively buoyancy, 8lbs more negative than an AL80, and they are incredibly short. If you are taller than about 5'6" I would recommend avoiding them if for no other reason than you won't be able to sit down properly with them.
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm looking at a pair of PST HP100 with the 9791 stamp.

If PST isn't making cylinders anymore, does that mean this will likely not be renewed and expire next year, leaving the tanks I'm looking at unable to be hydroed after 2022?

Applying for a permit renewal as an individual doesn't sound great.

PST is still around, they just don't do scuba tanks. almost certain the permit will get renewed again next year, like it has been already several times.

PST is still around, they just don't do scuba tanks. almost certain the permit will get renewed again next year, like it has been already several times.
Oh, Great. Thanks for the info!

We can let this thread go back to resting now. :)

What would be the range of dates that PST HP 80 would have a marking E9791?

I came across something I thought mentions 2011 of Dema article the last time and extension was about to end. Tanks before 2011 would hopefully not be marked E9791?

I expect the hdro for that tank I am waiting to get back was around the year 2000. Docs for it I might have but more likely picture of stamps on the tank in some files. I know it was like only a few months of birth date mfr hdro stamp when I bought it new and I put it through probably 3 or 4 hydros. Shops should know, so they don't waste time sending out.

Any PST 3442 or 3500 cylinder is E9791. The special permit was first granted back in late '90s I think. The actual date of manufacture is irrelevant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom