Proud new owner of an SP-350..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vansmack, forget AA's. Get the rechargeable CRV-3's. I get 300 shots on a charge and with my topside camera, I've been taking pictures for a month and a half on the non rechargeable CRV-3 that came with it. The firmware should have solved your issue, though. It does for most. As far as a strobe, I love my Sea & Sea YS-110's and the Inon D-2000 or Z-240 are wonderful as well. If you're willing to shoot manual lighting, a couple of people are going for YS-27's for less money.

Larry, Thanks for the info on the batteries. Just ordered a pair of 1600mah crv-3's. One other quick question...what else would I need to buy in order to get the Sea & Sea YS-110's to work with my camera? Is a cable provided to hook up to my sp-350?

You'll need either a fiber optic cable and mount set-up (Inon has a nice one, but there are many others) a Heinrich/Weikamp ttl converter w/replacement bulkhead (talk to Reef Photo) and a type N Sea & Sea cable, or an Olympus to Nikonos converter and cable-I can't remember the brand name, check the later posts on the SP-350 thread or in the Strobe forum. The fiber optic set-up is the cheapest way to go, and many swear by them. Personally, I've found them less reliable. You'll also need some sort of tray and arm set up. The most popular are the Ultralight type. Ikelite has some really nice trays.

Back
Top Bottom