Proud new owner of an SP-350..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry....They are all 35mm-- none photoshopped--& have them all nicely framed on the walls (8X10's) of my house & office(approximately 60 I just counted @ the office & probably about 20 @ the house).....That's why I'm getting a (new to me) digital camera, I want to be able to get them online EASILY & show you what a good UW picture looks like....lol.......Also have alot of hours of UW video(my son shot while working @ AKR-Roatan)...Get a hold of one of their(old now) promo tapes & notice the shots of the whale shark filmed bumping into the cameraman, that was him taking it....Also, get a hold of Feb 2000 Playboy, those stills were shot by the photoshop guys @ AKR, not Playboy's photographer who was there but was not a diver....Get the picture??..(pun intended)......got to run.......

I bought the SP-350 w/housing just before Christmas and love it. All the underwater settings are great. But, having used it in the Caribbean and in the Keys I know that I do need a strobe for it. I just don't get the light I need, and then there's the backscatter. Before I bought it I rented a strobe and comparing my photos with and without it does make a difference.

not sure how much room in the housing you have but...desicant packs are a good idea.

as well as don't leave the camera or housing in the sun. Buy a cheapo cooler at wal-mart and use that to transport the camera to the boat as well as store it on the boat. this will help in fighting the camera lens fog from the change in temp.

Thanks for the advice everyone! My camera just made it here! I love the land photo quality! Now to figure out how to use the macro mode etc... Bad thing is, I have to operate with the internal memory for now... The place I ordered from totally FUBAR'd my order.

I ordered Type H 1GB card, they sent Type M. I ordered Deluxe shock resistant case, they sent a nylon POS. I ordered 8 hour lithium batteries, they sent NiMh. I bought 5 year extended warranty for camera, they sent me warranty for a GPS.

All is taken care of now, they are sending me the correct stuff.. so they say! We'll see!

And what are the 8 hour batteries???

Redtagsavings..

They are lithium batteries, 8 hour standby and 6 hours of picture taking time. I'm going to guess that that's w/o the flash. Anything is better than these NiMh ones :)

frankc420:
:useless:

:11: I'm so glad you said that, because, I would have jumped right into the water with the whole setup! <hugs>

Frank, here are a few UW shots I just uploaded...none are photoshopped(yet:wink: ...lol)-- all here are shot with S&S MMII & auto finished by Walmart:popcorn: .......The best ones we have are framed 8x10's already sealed & on my house & office walls--shot with twin strobe Nikonis 5:blinking: .......Hope you get some good ones on your trip...please share with us.......Nothing prettier than UW shots....

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/69582

frankc420:
Should I be? This will be my first UW camera so I hope I'm starting off with a good one. I'm going to Key Largo Memorial Day weekend and just wanted something to bring back some memories with. I don't plan to run a strobe, just the internal flash. I will take the photos in RAW format most likely though.

My whole setup is going to cost me about $450, thats the Oly SP-350, 1GB high speed card, 8 hour lipo battery, PT-030 UW case, and 3 year parts/labor warranty. Although, I am going to spend the $15/year for insurance through my home insurance!

I'm pretty good with PS CS. Hope to post some pics BEFORE my Largo trip :D

Congratulations! As others have said, just remember to get as close as possible, instead of relying too heavily on the zoom. Enjoy!

Frankc420, I also own the sp-350 camera..I got some great pics with this camera..One problem I have though is battery life....I can get 10-30 pictures only...I've tried standard batteries, 3500 nimh, and energizer lithium...I know it's a glitch w/ the camera...It thinks the batteries are dead even though there not...I did the 2-2006 firmware update that was supposed to help this problem but it has not. If you have luck with your battery life, please let me know what your using. Also could anyone reccomend a strobe that could work with this camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom