pros and cons of hydro test not at LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're more ''eco friendly'' here in Canada...they show up with Teslas...the Muskoka crowd will even bring their own ''cylinder carry assistant''...

they just get stuck in "cottage country" as there aren't chargers for them at PetroCanada above Orillia (yet......)

:shakehead:.....

they just get stuck in "cottage country" as there aren't chargers for them at PetroCanada above Orillia (yet......).....

...Ya...We've had that discussion more than once...it would take three days to get from my home on Simcoe...to Ottawa...taking the Hwy 70 route through the Park...I might get to Barrys Bay on a charge...stay over-nite...proceed the second day...get as far as Renfrew...stop for a second 24 hour charge...and proceed to Ottawa on the third day...

We're not going ahead...we're going backwards...I'm sure a good man...on a fast horse...could do better...

W...

BS good friend has tesla hes been here 3 times I am UP NORTH

BS good friend has tesla hes been here 3 times I am UP NORTH

Up north in the middle of nowhere! :D

They’re actually $4.12 US as I looked them up today as I need to order some.
just looked at the shipping rate, 2 stickers >$8.24 Shipping:$147 with UPS to Peru:rant:
Dothey ship with USPS , letter ?

I preferred the certification agency stickers... The current stickers I'm using are ''NITROX'' sticker coloured...green/yellow... To date I've had no issues...no questions...no fill refusals...

The "generic" stickers are not worth a damn from a regulatory/legal perspective. But given that you have had no issues...no questions...no fill refusals... just shows how screwed up the dive industry is when it comes to a cylinder inspection and their ability "self regulate."

just looked at the shipping rate, 2 stickers >$8.24 Shipping:$147 with UPS to Peru:rant:
Dothey ship with USPS , letter ?

It's not just you. I'm in IL and the cheapest shipping option is $15. Really, they can't just throw them in an envelope? Or even better, they're small enough that they would fit in a USPS small flat rate box, which runs about $8 for postage.

I checked at a sign shop once that made stickers of all kinds. I took a sticker in to see if they could make something similar and they said no problem. I would have had to order about 500 and they would have been around .33 cents a sticker.
It would take a long time to use up 500 stickers so I didn’t do it, but I’m just sayin, it can be done.
Counterfeit? Not really. It’s not tender, and AFAIK the whole institution of VIP’s at dive shops is a little weak. I’ve watched tank monkeys do VIP’s on my tanks before I started doing my own and I’m way more particular and thorough than they are.
I bought a new tank from a dive shop once and they threw in two free air cards. I got that tank filled at their shop exclusively for the first year and nowhere else. When they pulled the valve off for it first VIP the inside of the tank was completely brown. They wanted to send it in to get tumbled and fixed up and they told me I could be looking at a $100 bill possibly depending on how much work it was going to be. I informed them that they were the only ones who filled that tank ever and it was their crappy worn out compressor that they never drain that did it and they should be the ones cleaning it!
They refused and denied it was them, basically calling me a liar and claiming I must have used it on a dive boat. I took my tank and left. I went to the fire extinguisher place and they shot blasted it clean then had to hydro it. I payed them around $50 for both. I never set foot into that dive shop again. Going back there to have them look inside to see it clean and slap a $1 sticker on it, fill it with more crappy air, and charge me $25 wasn’t going to happen, ever.
Another dive shop story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom