pros and cons of hydro test not at LDS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This makes sense. What little savings I ended up with was outweighed by the risk of a tank failing hydro, my time driving to hydro, down time for hydro etc... Seems like I can buy a new AL80 from Divers Supply in Jacksonville, FL for $155 nitrox ready with VIP.

If you like using AL80's..... up here they suck.... (77.4 cu-ft & horrible buoyancy characteristics)

YMMV

With the yellow and green colour...saves having to use NITROX bands...

Again, that is only a shop requirement.

My EANx label is:

upload_2019-8-9_16-3-55.png
+
upload_2019-8-9_16-4-34.png

not a single bit of "green"....

YMMV

you will only be able to buy generic labels if you cannot prove you took a course and are current , ...shops may or may not accept them

you will only be able to buy generic labels if you cannot prove you took a course and are current , ...shops may or may not accept them

ABN...

I was buying stickers from my certification agency...now buying them from a private supplier...didn't have to verify VIP certification either way...I stopped buying from the certification agency because by the time I got the stickers in hand they cost almost $10. CDN each...

I preferred the certification agency stickers...but not at that cost...What I'm using now...I'm getting for $1. each...in lots of 50/100...

The current stickers I'm using are ''NITROX'' sticker coloured...green/yellow...replaces having to use $10. a piece large NITROX bands...which when doing things right...should be removed annually...especially if the cylinders have been used in salt water...and if cylinder exterior visual inspection protocols are followed correctly...

To date I've had no issues...no questions...no fill refusals...

New ''current use stickers on the right...nice size too...4''x4''...

W...

DSCF1197.JPG

$10 CAD, what is that, $0.50 USD? :rofl3:

...shops may or may not accept them
Usually,,,,,,,,,In Florida if you have a steel tank with a DIN valve and no green sticker
They just ask " What mix do you want? "

Blue painter's tape with the end folded back is so nice,,,but the Millennials use Frog tape instead and ask the filler to carry the tank to their Audi.

Usually,,,,,,,,,In Florida if you have a steel tank with a DIN valve and no green sticker
They just ask " What mix do you want? "

Blue painter's tape with the end folded back is so nice,,,but the Millennials use Frog tape instead and ask the filler to carry the tank to their Audi.

We're more ''eco friendly'' here in Canada...they show up with Teslas...the Muskoka crowd will even bring their own ''cylinder carry assistant''...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom